Spanish Bay Reef Resort?

gmc2467

We just booked an excursion here for our RC voyage end of March but am now wondering if I should un-book after reading one unfavorable review. We have 4 kids ages 8 to 17 and are looking for a quiet beach where the kids can swim, snorkel, have access to a nice pool and clean restrooms, etc. We did a similar beach excursion in St. Maarten last year to a resort and it was great, but, I don't want to be disappointed here. We are not interested in alcohol, music, entertainment; just a nice, relaxing day at the beach. Any feedback would be appreciated!

You probably should "unbook" it. Spanish Bay resort doesn't have a sand-goes-out-into-the-water kind of beach. The shoreline there is all ironshore, which is as hard and sharp as you imagine. The snorkeling, however, would be pretty good because of this, but probably not what you are looking for for your kids.

We have been there 2 times, and I agree you should cancel your reservation. They are very nice people but I don't think there is enough there to keep you kids happy. The last time we were there, the weather was minimal and after 2 hours I was ready to go back to the ship. We laughed and called it our $77.00 hamburger trip. There are lots of other great beaches that may be more fun for you.

Sherry

Archived