Driving directions to Red Hook

PleasantProspects

Thanks to Cruise Critic and Crepidula I learned on 4/29/06 I return from World Cruise to Brooklyn-not New York! Cunard has not told me or the Travel Agent of this change and I leave this Monday. Prior departure material was also incorrect. Cunard is a poor communicator!

Only address given has been Pier 12, Brooklyn, NY. Can anyone provide a street address or simply driving directions. People picking me up will come to New York up Rt. 95 from Phild. & Balto. direction.

Thanks.

:confused:

Directions to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal:

From Manhattan Via the Battery Tunnel: From Manhattan, take the Battery Tunnel (I-478-E) into Brooklyn. Continue onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and immediately take the first exit on the right: Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From Manhattan Via the Brooklyn or Manhattan Bridges, and from LaGuardia Airport: From the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, or LaGuardia Airport, get onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and take Exit 26 - Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From John F. Kennedy Airport: From John F. Kennedy Airport, get onto the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-E) to Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue. After exit, continue along westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street.

Directions from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal:

To Manhattan via the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges and to LaGuardia Airport: From terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and merge left onto underpass at Columbia Street, follow road and merge onto the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-E) and continue to exits 28B (Brooklyn Bridge), 29A (Manhattan Bridge), or continue on I-278-E as it turns into the Grand Central Parkway into Queens. Take Exit 5 to the LaGuardia Marine Air Terminal or Exit 7 to the main terminal.

To Manhattan via the Battery Tunnel: From Terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with the eastbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and make the left-U-turn at 9th Street/Clinton Street, continuing westbound along the Hamilton Avenue Service Road. Stay left and merge onto the Battery Tunnel access toll road.

To John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport: From Terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with the eastbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and make the immediate left merge onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) at Columbia Street. Continue on I-278-W to Exit 16 - Belt Parkway. Continue on Belt Parkway to Exit 19- John F. Kennedy Airport.

The directions posted by SanFranBayCruiser assumes Manhattan as a starting point. Wouldn't the people traveling north on I-95 from Philadelphia be better off by using exit 13 onto 278 and crossing over the Verrazano Narrows bridge into Brooklyn?

Directions to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal:

From Manhattan Via the Battery Tunnel: From Manhattan, take the Battery Tunnel (I-478-E) into Brooklyn. Continue onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and immediately take the first exit on the right: Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From Manhattan Via the Brooklyn or Manhattan Bridges, and from LaGuardia Airport: From the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, or LaGuardia Airport, get onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) and take Exit 26 - Hamilton Avenue onto the service road. Stay to the left and make a left-U-turn at the intersection of Hamilton Avenue with Clinton Street/9th Street, then continue west along the westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street to enter the terminal.

From John F. Kennedy Airport: From John F. Kennedy Airport, get onto the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-E) to Exit 26- Hamilton Avenue. After exit, continue along westbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Continue on the service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel 2 blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street.

Directions from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal:

To Manhattan via the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges and to LaGuardia Airport: From terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and merge left onto underpass at Columbia Street, follow road and merge onto the eastbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-E) and continue to exits 28B (Brooklyn Bridge), 29A (Manhattan Bridge), or continue on I-278-E as it turns into the Grand Central Parkway into Queens. Take Exit 5 to the LaGuardia Marine Air Terminal or Exit 7 to the main terminal.

To Manhattan via the Battery Tunnel: From Terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with the eastbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and make the left-U-turn at 9th Street/Clinton Street, continuing westbound along the Hamilton Avenue Service Road. Stay left and merge onto the Battery Tunnel access toll road.

To John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport: From Terminal exit, continue east along Bowne Street and merge with the eastbound Hamilton Avenue service road. Stay left and make the immediate left merge onto the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278-W) at Columbia Street. Continue on I-278-W to Exit 16 - Belt Parkway. Continue on Belt Parkway to Exit 19- John F. Kennedy Airport.

Thank you very much for the details am looking forward to coming over in july.

The directions posted by SanFranBayCruiser assumes Manhattan as a starting point. Wouldn't the people traveling north on I-95 from Philadelphia be better off by using exit 13 onto 278 and crossing over the Verrazano Narrows bridge into Brooklyn?

you are correct much shorter trip and most likely less traffic!!! best regards jim @ new jersey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived