Wilderness Tundra Tour throught Princess

gofen

Looking for someone that has done the Connoisseur QA7 - 7 day tour. Princess scheduled us to do the WTT at 2:30pm returning at 11:00pm. We have a dinner meal coupon for the same night. After research, I discovered the restaurant closes at 10pm. My Princess agent called the Princess Alaska Land tour division and could not get an answer from them - If the restaurant will stay open for our WTT group? I am sure there are at least 25 other cruisers on QA7. Are we stuck with meal coupons that we can't use because Princess scheduled it that way?

this is somewhat similar to what happened with us last year. we had tours that conflicted with dinner.

we ended up refunding the tundra wilderness tour at the time they scheduled and rebooked a bus into Denali on our own. we were told that another option they could have possibly given us was to convert the dinner voucher to lunch but they did not say for certain they would be able to- they offered to check to see if they could if I wanted-- I ended up saving money just booking bus to wonder lake vs TWT so it worked out well

We did the whole cruisetour tour independently, and the public bus to Wonder Lake was great. If you go on the Princess tour, do make sure to plan out your meal in advance - there wasn't a lot open late at night, and I'd hate for you to go hungry or need to take a taxi to get food after a long day on buses. I believe there were also premade sandwiches you could purchase at our hotel (which was owned by HAL, not princess) which you might be able to buy at your hotel before going on the tour and eat after the tour.

Thanks for the information. Just seems fishy that Princess would schedule the tour for a time that makes us miss dinner and on top give us a meal voucher. There are probably 25 to 30 cruisres on this Connoisseur tour. So that many people miss dinner. What about people that have health issues and need to eat? But a savings for Princess!!!