How far in advance?

amyh13

Our family of 4 will be on the Epic next summer out of Barcelona with several other families. We will definitely be in Barcelona for a few days pre-cruise but will also likely hit another city or two on the way.

I have looked at all the hotel suggestions, apartment hotels, vrbo and airbnb I see that some are already sold out! Some hotels don't even have the dates available yet.

My questions is, how far in advance do I need to reserve?

Our family of 4 will be on the Epic next summer out of Barcelona with several other families. We will definitely be in Barcelona for a few days pre-cruise but will also likely hit another city or two on the way.

I have looked at all the hotel suggestions, apartment hotels, vrbo and airbnb I see that some are already sold out! Some hotels don't even have the dates available yet.

My questions is, how far in advance do I need to reserve?

The accommodations are probably not sold out. If your trip is more than a year away, many don't post their rooms or rates that far out. If you look again about 10-11 months out, you should find those same places have rooms. If you book that far out, you should be able to get what you want. I booked our hotel in Barcelona for this September, last October.

If you don't want to wait, you might try calling the place you want to see if they'll book you over the phone. Some may be willing to do that a year out.

The accommodations are probably not sold out. If your trip is more than a year away, many don't post their rooms or rates that far out. If you look again about 10-11 months out, you should find those same places have rooms. If you book that far out, you should be able to get what you want. I booked our hotel in Barcelona for this September, last October.

If you don't want to wait, you might try calling the place you want to see if they'll book you over the phone. Some may be willing to do that a year out.

This is what I expected. Just didn't want to make that assumption without asking. I can certainly wait. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the replies.

This is what I expected. Just didn't want to make that assumption without asking. I can certainly wait. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the replies.

We were able to book our Barcelona hotel for Nov 2019 via email in April. I believe our roll call pretty much filled the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were able to book our Barcelona hotel for Nov 2019 via email in April. I believe our roll call pretty much filled the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! A big problem for us is that we are traveling with 5 families that all have 4 people. Quad rooms are so hard to find. I really want us to be close to each other but not sure we will be able to make that happen.