Weird times in GC (10am-5 pm)-what to do?

jana616

Hi, we are supposed to be in GC from 10 am-5:30 pm in a few weeks. In an ideal world, we would have time to snorkel, see the stingrays, have a little time on a beach, and get some rum cakes. However, it seems all the tours for snorkeling leave before we get there or come back after we're supposed to be on the ship. I e-mailed Capt. Marvin's to ask if they would have a later 1/2 day tour since our ship comes in late, but they never got back to me. So, my questions are:

1) Is there any way to squeeze all of this in?

2) Would we be better off finding a beach where I can relax while my husband shore snorkels, and if so, what beach (easily accessible) does everyone recommend?

3) Where is the rum factory in relation to everything else on GC?

4) If we do just beach it instead of an organized tour, how can we do the stingrays? Can we just show up there?

5) The tours that are 2.5 hours long and include the stingrays and a little snorkeling, are they any good? How long are you in the water to snorkel?

Thanks...sorry so many questions!

Consider booking a tour through your cruise ship ... and pick a snorkel tour (or other excursion) that leaves early in the day, as you will get off the ship first. When we went to Belize, we were operating off of SHIP TIME ... not local time. We arrived at Belize at 8AM SHIP TIME (8AM local time) ... and there were hoards of people waiting for us.

If your tour does not take up the full day ... you will have plenty of time to relax, and get back to the ship at your leisure. *** REMEMBER *** if you book a tour through your ship ... that tour operator will make darn sure you get back to the ship before it departs. I have been on cruises where people book a private tour, and do not make it back in time. OY!

Booking excursions through your ship can someties cost a tad more, and it will limit your choices. Do you homework online ... see what you want to do ... then see if that tour is offered through your cruise line.

StingRay City is a blast! I think we were in the water 60 - 75 minutes. There is a little commute to the site ... then 10-15 minutes to unload ... do your snorkeling ... 10-15 minutes to load up again ... then commute back to the ship.

Rum Factory will likely be on your ship's recommended sites, and should be on the ship's port map.

Archived