additional charges

linnied

July will be my first Disney Cruise and we cant wait. I am working with a budget unfortunately, and would like to be prepared. I know most things are included in the fare and that alcohol and service related items are extra. What about soda, juice, and activites on board ship. Also, if you do not have a credit card, do you absoultly have to have one, or can you pay cash at the end or would a prepaid, or cash card work (visa, MC logo or even visa gift card)? :confused:

One of the great things about DCL is that soda is free, along with fruit punch, etc. They have a 24-hour free drink station near the pool. Also, those drinks are provided at the restaurants for free. The only drinks charged for are alcohal and smoothies.

The big expense you'll have (in addition to your fare) is gratuities for room steward/wait staff! THat's always the bulk of your onboard charges. Otherwise you can limit the things you purchase (spa treatments, shore excursions, photographs).

I'm pretty sure that you can pay a cash deposit when you get to the pier and then pay off the balance before leaving the ship, without a credit card.

ginamarie, thanks for the reply.

What do you think about getting a visa gift card, just to give a card number and actually charge items too? It works just like a credit card with a prepaid limit right?

Note that you do have to pay for sodas if you order them in the bars.

Most activities on board are included at no extra charge. You pay extra in the spa. Babysitting for the littlest kids costs. If you go to dinner in Palo's, that costs. Watch out for the photos - set a budget and stick to it! If you want multiple copies of one photo, just buy one; Disney will give you a release that you can take to your local photo store to get copies made. You can save by bringing room-service sandwiches on shore excursions and (in many cases) by doing shore excursions on your own, instead of through the ship. Candy and sodas from the stand outside the theater are an extra charge, but you can bring your own soda from the free beverage stand, and you can bring your own snacks if you want.

If you call Disney, they can give you the scoop on credit card, cash, etc. I called them once because I wanted to use my ATM card (has VISA logo on it), and they said no problem, so that's what I did.

You can use cash to pay off your KTTW account. Depending on the length of the cruise you'll either have a limit of $200 or $400 before guest services will ask you to settle up and extend you another $200/400 limit on your KTTW. You may also put up a cash deposit at Guest Services.

what it "KTTW"?

Also, I will be traveling with a teenager who will be on her own in the teen clubs and other activities. Will her sodas, juices in the clubs be free, or be charged to the room? If there is a charge for those, can she go to one of the free stands, get a drink, and then bring it to the club or activities?

Someone also said something about purchasing a prepaid card on board ship for the kids to use for their charges(drinks only I think), just in case they cant get something free.

KTTW is your key to the world card.

It is your room key, your charge card and you have to have it to get on and off the ship. You will keep it on you at all times.

it is very easy for the teens to go to the drink station on deck 9 from the stack to get drinks or food from around the pool area to bring to the stack for snacking on and they are free.

All kids can have charging priviledges on their KTTW cards. you can put a limit on it when you check in. You can add to or cancel their priviledes at guest services on board at anytime or check to see how much they have used.

If your kids want a pop from any of the family lounges they will be charges. The only free beverages are with meals, room service (tip?), and on deck 9 drink station by the Mickey pool. But it is open 24 / 7 so easy to do. many people get drinks and hot dogs or burgers to take to the movies with them for free instead of buying a snack from the concession stands just outside the theater. Preludes had things for sale in the evenings, such as chip, can a pops, candy, trail mix and cookies. The stores have a few goodies too which of course they would have to charge to have. Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

what it "KTTW"?

Also, I will be traveling with a teenager who will be on her own in the teen clubs and other activities. Will her sodas, juices in the clubs be free, or be charged to the room? If there is a charge for those, can she go to one of the free stands, get a drink, and then bring it to the club or activities?

Someone also said something about purchasing a prepaid card on board ship for the kids to use for their charges(drinks only I think), just in case they cant get something free.

You can bring sodas whereever you want onboard. On our last Disney cruise, we brought along a couple of big cups/mugs with lids, so that we wouldn't have to get refills as often. The teen club/area is very close to the drink station, so she shouldn't have a problem stopping for a free beverage :)

You may or may not be able to use your own bubba kegs this go around. They have apparently had a viral scare on board. We cruised in November and had full access to the 24 hour drink station. Just got back again yesterday and this time the area was roped off and there was a full time cast member serving sodas. Same goes for the buffets. Only gloved cast members were allowed to touch anything. Hand sanitizer stations and wipes at every restaurant as well as boarding the ship. They even open new bottles of ketchup and steak sauce at your dinner table each time you request it. It was not this way in November so it was quite a shock to see the change after only a few weeks.

I still dont know what a bubba keg is.

I wonder if that is going to be the situation from now on, or just for a few weeks if it was a viral scare deal. I also wonder if Magic is also doing the same practice.

Any one out there recently back from Magic please let us know.

Thanks

Archived