Dropping luggage in Port Canaveral while parking

ottmar

I am driving to Port Canaveral to cruise on the Carnival Glory on Feb. 25. I am told that the shuttle from the parking lot to the ship does not take luggage rather I have to drop it off at the ship before parking.

I have not been assigned a cabin, my ticket says To-be-announced. Will the porters know where to take my luggage? How far is it from the parking lot to the ship? Can I park my truck temporarily while I find out my cabin number, I am told I have to wait in a long line and wont get my cabin assignment until I get to the front.

What to do?

....Ott

There will be a rep out front with the porters who will have a manifest with your cabin number on it. You can get the number from them and then fill out baggage tags, the porters have plenty of blank tags.

HOWEVER, whoever told you you can't get your cabin number until you get to the port is wrong. Have your TA call Carnival the week before you leave and get the number.

It only takes a couple of minutes to check your luggage, the porters and Carnival reps will be right there by the curb. You can get out of your truck long enough to check the luggage, they'll be right there when you pull up.

Trent is correct. You simply drive up to the group of about 20-30 parking spots right by the porters. There are reps there that have a list of all assigned cabins. They will look up you name and give you your cabin number. Then ... you will have to write the cabin number on your luggage tags, the porter will take your bags, you'll hop back in your car, and head to the parking garage.

Calling ahead of time is a very good option as well .... I would still have the rep confirm your cabin number before leaving your bags with the porter just to be safe.

Really, you have nothing to worry about. Have a great cruise.

Thanks guys. I was going to have a friend drop me off until he asked when he should pick me up and I had to tell him it could be anywhere within several hours because they let you off the ship piecemeal.

....Ott

Archived