Kids off from school.....

fxcarden

OK, I think we,ve heard enough of everyones thought process..with that being said, I think its time we end this thread with this in mind..If your going to travel with children, enjoy, but remember to keep an eye on them..Its as simple as that..

Hey !. A fellow New Jersey-ite (sp ?).

Greetings from northern Bergen County, where we had a power failure this morning, and it was pretty darn cold.

:eek:

After reading some disturbing posts about people having bad experiences on their cruise due to many kids (teens) being on board, perhaps everyone in this board can contribute to a thread that outlines the various times kids are out of school in different areas, that way the rest of the board can plan their vacations a little different if they so choose ?.

This is a good idea. :D We also took a cruise in mid-April the week ending in Easter weekend, thinking that it would be a great time to vacation. Lo and behold, that week was Spring Break in the U.S. and Mexico. Had we (from Canada, where the school break is the first or second Monday of March) realized this, we would never have chosen that week; and we did have options as to when we could travel. Millenium was awash in children of all ages and it wasn't fun at all. :eek: We were both teachers and certainly did not want to be continually tripping over kids on a vacation, but it was totally unavoidable.

Hey !. A fellow New Jersey-ite (sp ?).

Greetings from northern Bergen County, where we had a power failure this morning, and it was pretty darn cold.

:eek:

thats why u take a cruise in feb or march!! lol mark+tina 2/11/6 MSC OPERA

Dave and I avoid Xmas, Thanksgiving and New years whenever possible becuase of the high number of children on board AND because those cruises are ususally more expensive and packed to the rafters (or lifeboats I guess). We can do a Christmas cruise to the Carib and spend $3000 or 2 or 3 weeks later spend almost half that much on the same cruise. We feel like its a no brainer for us. I know there are good children and parents out there (just read their comments) but it only takes a large handful of unruly kids (and their parents or other unruly adults) to make a cruise miserable. I also believe that the cruise line has a responsability too-enforce the rules, no babies, no diapers in pools and such. No kids in the front of the theater (or late arriving adults).

Our last cruise was the end of September, very few children on a 10 day cruise to New England, and the few we saw were very young and VERY seasoned cruisers by their excelllent behavior. I hope our next cruise at the end of April will be as nice.

Dave and Elaine

Archived