Disembarkation and flight time - Miami

AlohaCruiser

The ship gets into the Port of Miami at 7am (at least that is what the schedule says). If I schedule a flight return time of 12:46pm from the West Palm Beach airport will I have a problem getting to the airport in that time?

How far is the West Palm Beach Airport from Port of Miami? What kind of cab fare can I expect?

Oh NO WAY do you even want to attempt THAT!!! :eek:

From the Port of Miami to PBI is about 90 minutes if there's no heavy traffic, but traffic on I-95 is rarely "normal". There is construction on parts of it and there's almost always rather heavy traffic. Throw in an accident or 2 and you could be looking at 2-3 hours easy! The Turnpike isn't much better.

The ships dock at 6-7am, but disembarkation usually begins somewhere between 7:30-8am IF there are no delays with Customs & Immigration (there frequently ARE delays).

As for CAB fare, probably at least $250-300 or so if you can even find a cabbie willing to do it. If you MUST fly from PBI you'll want to rent a car!

Do yourself a HUGE favor and find a flight from MIA or FLL.

After I posted the question, I looked at a map to see exactly where West Palm Beach was. I decided it was definately too far away even if the flight time was later. So you just comfirmed what I was thinking. I'll find flights that are more convenient.

Archived