Best of Barbado tour

love_travel

Did this about 2 weeks ago.

Only tricky part was figuring out where to meet the guide. You have to leave the cruise ship terminal and walk (5 minutes) to the left. They are outside of the tollgates at a big tree with some guys hanging around. Just ask how to get to the tollgates.

Good tour of the island with several stops until lunch time.

Lunch was pretty good - service was slow and it took a while.

Then went to the Nature Preserve. They put food out at 2:00. One monkey (and several other critters) came by to eat. Got very good pictures of the monkey. Then, they drive you to the beach and the boat.

After you get on the boat, you take a short (5-10 minute) ride to the first site - a ship wreck. You can see it from the boat (glass bottom) or jump in and snorkel around it. They supply mask and snorkel, but no fins. As a scuba diver, the ship wreck was only so-so. But the other people seemed to like it. Saw a few fish. I brought my own mask and snorkel because I'm not crazy about other people's spit.

Then, they take you to another site (5-10 minutes away). You can see the turtles from the boat or jump in the water. This was cool. Can't quite touch the turtles, but they get pretty close. I thought this was definitely worthwhile. If you are a good swimmer, you might be able to skip the boat and swim out to the turtles from land, but you'd have to pay a cab to get to the right beach so better to just go with the tour.

I would guess that total snorkeling time was about 30 minutes at each site. Got back to the cruise ship terminal by about 4:30.

I thought this was a very good tour. Linda

Archived