Meeting spot FLL Pier area?

donnaw

Ok, if there is an answer someone here will know it!

We are getting off Century on January 14th and moving over to Opera. We have friends getting off Caribbean Princess and flying home, along with other friends staying in FLL and boarding Opera with us. Is there any place in the pier area or close to it that we could arrange to meet? Is there one common entrance. I am always way too excited once I see the ship to remember to notice my surroundings and it appears everyone else is too!

donnaw,

We were just there in November and there were 7 or 8 ships in port at one time. There has to be at least 3 or 4 different piers. I don't know what to tell you about meeting but good luck. Hopefully Trent will see this question and have an answer for you. He is the Ft Lauderdale guru!! :D

Teresa

That's going to be tough. Actually there are more like 12 different cruise ship piers and it's a couple of MILES from one end of the port to the other. It's a massive facility. Those ships will be docked at very different locations, too far to walk from one to another (they have shuttles that go between the piers). There are 3 entrances to the port, but the entrances are all a mile or so from the ships and the port is not set up for walking around in anyway.

You should probably just pick one pier to meet at and go there, but it's going to be so congested and you won't be getting off of your ships at the same time. I don't know what to tell you, but I think I would meet your friends onboard Opera after embarkation and see the friends coming off of Caribbean Princess when you get home. LOL, it would be a whole lot easier! ;)

Archived