Wine & Dine ... did you try it ?

Charlo

On this wine thread, am I correct in thinking then that you choose your package and then from that package you can choose whatever you want and if you want to have 3 bottles one night you just go ahead and do it? And if you want, you can carry your bottle around with you from bar to bar?

Yes...you can order it all at once, if you wanted to. :)

I do not think you can order a bottle at every bar on the ship, just specific places, but you can bring it with you once you have it.

Tracy

Wow !

It's amazing how many responses I have had.

Thank you so much everyone.

I'm a little confuse of what we will do.

Some said that it is not a deal to take the wine and dine, some wrote that they were pleased with that.

If I understand, it is just at the first day that we can buy this package.

If we are 12 days on a cruise 5 or 7 bottles won't be too much, especially if we can bring the bottle with us almost everywhere in our room or let it at the restaurant. On the Princess, we do let our bottle if not finished (rarely) and they bring the bottle back next day.

Again thank you every one, I will think of that in the next month, have so more time to decide since our cruise is just in september ... grrrrr.

Lou

...and do a little math. Get hold of the dining room's wine menu before you decide to buy the package. Find the bottles from the package deal on the menu and compare for pricing. This will also give you an idea of what else might be available if you don't get the package.

We just got off the Radiance and had the Wine and dine and would do it again. We decided on the gold package which was $113 for 5 bottles. Would not say the wines were great but there were some decent wines on the list. We enjoyed the wine package and would do it again.

I think it will definately make sense for us to buy a wine package if they offer it on NoS next Dec. We will drink a bottle of wine a night between us easily :D will probably go for one of the more premium packages as we do like our wine, but not wine snobs or anything. To be honest all the wines on the lists look like standard ones I would buy anyhow.

I am still thinking of taking four bottles on with me though (ones not on their list), paying the $12 corkage fee and buying the other 3, decisions decisions! I really begrudge paying SO MUCH for wine I can buy for under $10 at home it's more than 3 times the price and you pay gratuity too! :eek:

I guess that's where they make their money.........

Archived