Talkeetna help for princess land portion

Sheltiepawz

We will be in talkeetna with the princess cruise tour in July. Since this is our first stop, I know we will be ready to do things. I am not very sure there is a lot to do though. I believe we arrive at around 12:30-1:30 the first day. We have a flight tour schedule for 6 p.m. The first evening. I already asked princess if we could just be dropped in talkeetna first on way there instead of going to lodge and then take shuttle back, but was told no. This is when I regreted booking land with princess instead of doing it on our own:mad:. Live and learn lol. Maybe that will change once we are there??? We leave for Denali the next day on the train at 12:30.

Anyway, looking for things to do the next morning till we leave, assuming our glacier flight goes off without a hitch the previous night. Is there any transportation out to Byers lake? I don't feel like we need a guided hike, just need transportation to get to the hiking sites. Or any hikes in the town of talkeetna itself. We would be will willing to take a taxi. Anything else I am missing worth doing?Thanks in advance. You all were so helpful in helping me plan my Denali days!!!

The Princess McKinley Lodge is located about an hour away from Talkeetna and is pretty isolated from everything. There's a few walking trails around the lodge and they offer a shuttle into Talkeetna. I don't believe they offer any transportation to Byer's Lake... You pretty much stuck there unless you go into Talkeetna...