DAWN DAILIES....PLEASE and THANK YOU

PAPAx5

I'm sorry - I threw mine out. However, one word of caution: make your dining reservations early.

I tried to make some a week out, and could only book for one person -- peculiar, since there isn't such a thing as a one top! But I figured it was a glitch and I'd work it out with the concierge on board.

In the suite waiting area, I overheard the concierge saying to a large group of people that they needed to get him their dining choices ASAP because things would be completely booked by the next day. He didn't say the same to us, so I figured he was talking about groups of 10 trying to dine together (should have asked).

At any rate, he told us the next morning that everything was full but he would pull some strings and get us our Moderno and Le Bistro times (which I had booked for 1 already). Everything else was impossible, unless we wanted a 9 pm dining time.

We've sailed on the Dawn a great deal, so it wasn't the end of the world that we didn't use up our free dinners and dining plan (which was a perk), but the truly bizarre thing is that for both our 6 pm Le Bistro and 6:30 pm Moderno meals... the dining rooms were mostly empty! Seriously - maybe two couples present upon our arrival and maybe five tables full when we left at 7-7:30.

They may not have been accepting reservations, but they sure as hell weren't anything close to half full, let alone completely full. Not sure if that sailing they were going purposely understaffed or perhaps some of the galleys were de-commissioned for whatever reason thus reducing the ability to operate at capacity in terms of service?

We were sailing with non-suite passengers, so we had some leisurely meals in the dining room which were better than I remembered.

So book those meals, even if you end up wanting to change them later!