Sea Grape or Rum Point Beach?

Haven't been to Rum Point, but I know it is significantly farther away from town than Sea Grape. Sea Grape was beautiful and had everything you need. I have heard great things about Rum Point, but as mentioned have not been there yet myself.

We have not been to Sea Grape but did travel to Rum Point last week while in Caymen. Its a nice clean tropical beach with clear clear water, a nice pier and a cool bar. Send me an e-mail if you want some pics. Took about 40 minutes to get to in our rental car . Got a little crowded because Disney cruise lines actually has an excursion to Rum point everyother week. but not bad because we had to place to ourselves for over 3 hours.

jsaadat@msn.com

J

Sea Grape is much easier to get to (short taxi ride). It takes a long time to get to Rum Point. The beach at Rum Point is more scenic. Sea Grape's beach is bigger. Rum Point has more shallow water. There is a pier at Rum Point, but not Sea Grape. There is food and drink (equally expensive) at both. You must pay to use a chair at Sea Grape, but I believe the chairs are free at Rum Point (they were for us anyway). I say come back next year so you can do both like I did!

Don't have to rent the chairs at Sea Grape. Charis are free at Rum Point.

The other BIG difference is the amount of available shade. Rum Point has many trees and has available spots for the sun worshipers and those seeking shade. Sea Grape is much more exposed and its harder to find shade.

The other BIG difference is the amount of available shade. Rum Point has many trees and has available spots for the sun worshipers and those seeking shade. Sea Grape is much more exposed and its harder to find shade.

Are there not umbrellas for rent as well at Sea Grape, or is it just chairs? I'm fair skinned and NEED shade, whether provided by a palm tree or umbrella or whatever!

Are there not umbrellas for rent as well at Sea Grape, or is it just chairs? I'm fair skinned and NEED shade, whether provided by a palm tree or umbrella or whatever!

Yes, you may rent umbrellas. I believe they cost $5 for the day.

We were just at Rum Point last week, and the place was packed. It's pretty, and the drive was awesome, but there were no beach chairs to be had. If you don't mind sitting on your towel on the sand, then it would be fine. There were a couple of tour boats there...I think I heard someone say there were about 35-40 on each one.

Rum Point is really nice. It has lots of shade, and good food. They don't let you bring anything in, so you have to buy from them. They also serve you (you can't walk up and order).

We didn't walk around at Sea Grape, but we drove past it dozens of times. It was also pretty crowded, but it is a lot bigger than Rum Point. I didn't see any palm trees, but I could be wrong. It looked like nice place...

If you eat any food in GC, make sure and take a good look at your ticket. Most every place we went added a 15% tip onto the ticket. We were there for a week, and after we went back to several of the places, I noticed they didn't do this. We always added an additional amount, so I guess they figured they were going to get a tip. We had excellent service at all the restaurants.

• 4 months later...

I'm all about Sea Grape Beach for a short visit of 3-4 hours! Great spot! Rum Point is nice, no doubt about it, but you have to rent a vehicle, if there's one available, then drive a long ways.

Just catch a taxi at the pier and 10 minutes later, you'll be at Sea Grape Beach, enjoying the powder white sand and warm crystal clear turqoise water!

Food's about the same at both places... so save yourself the long drive!

Also, more water sports choices at Sea Grape Beach.

Archived