How about this for an upgrade

shsunseeker

Hi,

We recently returned from a Holiday cruise on the HAL Zuiderdam. We had a great time but generally thought the food and anytime dining on Princess were better.

The best part of the cruise was that the upgrade fairy appeared and we were moved from an inside cabin on deck 2 (category K) to a deluxe verandah outside stateroom on deck 4 (category VA). WOW! It was our first cruise on HAL. We have been upgraded before but usually it has been from inside to obstructed view or from ubstructed view to nonobstructed view. This upgrade was a bunch of categories up. I know that no one has been able to predict upgrades but I sure wish I knew what to do to get one like this again.

Scott & Todd

Scott & Tod-

Not that there is anything "wrong with it", but, I'll bet that your upgrade fairie was a sistah!

We had the same sort of wild upgrade on a Volendam cruise immediatly following 9/11, and, attributed it to the sluggish economy. Looking back, however, str8 couples didn't make out nearly as well!

Think about it....you're sitting in your office, and have some authority, the boy-boy couples are easy to spot.....

Of course, from a strictly business perspective, we DO have more disposable income, and we travel more than the "mixed" couples......why not "cater" to us? It's about time!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! ;-)

We received tickets about 2 weeks prior to departure and they had the inside stateroom number on them. At check-in we were told that we had a different cabin - the upgrade. So that's when we found out.

It just seems to me that we got moved up a lot. If they had better rooms available I would have expected someone with a window to be moved to the balcony room and someone like us be moved to the cabin with a window. I just can't believe our luck!!!

Maybe CruisinBrett is right and a sister in the office did us a favor - It would be nice to think that being gay got us something good for a change!

We're still trying to figure out WHY we were upgraded from the most minimal inside cabin category to an extra large balcony cabin on the 26 day inaugural sailing of the Star Princess (Singapore-L.A.). We thought it was a mistake and feared we'd be bumped out at a moments notice, but no, it never happened, hence, we had 26 glorious days in this fabulous cabin...go figure how we lucked out???

J & K

Archived