Question for Islander regarding Bolongo Bay

Shine

Greetings Islander and thanks for all your valuable information here. We will be in St.Thomas on a Sunday in February, docking at Crown Bay; can you tell me how far is it to Bolongo Bay? and Sapphire Beach? and lastly, Lindberg? We must be back on the ship by 5:30 and I'm wondering what beach would be closest I know that you said Sapphire has a band on Sunday's and we would love to go there if it isn't too far from the dock. Thanks for all your help.

Islander: thanks for the info....we're leaning towards Lindberg...(been to Megans' bay many times)...I thought I remembered hearing somewhere That there was a really good beach bar there....is there? Thanks again...

Shine

Hello Shine,

There are two, one at Emerald Beach Resort and the one at the Island Beachcomber. Both are ok, beachfront. I've heard good things about the bartenders at both spots - that they were friendly & fun. I've not hung out at either for much longer than grabbing a drink to go back to the beach with so I don't really have an opinion on that.

--Islander

Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy Sapphire Beach on a Sunday. Have been there many times and in my view, for the best combination of beaching, snorkeling, sunning, volleyball playing, dancing, drinking and tremendous down island views, it can't be beat. Always remember the "different strokes" rule. This beach may not be right for you. The Sunday beach party usually draws a crowd--visitors and locals alike--making it a little more hustle-bustle than other days. Trying to remain as PC as possible, the local element is a plus, not a negative. A fairly well-heeled group that usually is kind enough to teach us white bellied tourists how to dance! They do rent chairs (no umbrellas; plenty of natural shade available) and snorkel gear and other water toys, but resort guest get priority, and in February they'll likely be packed. Get an early start from the pier nd get there by 10 or 11. Party usually starts around 2, so you'll probably be able to take in the band's first set before you need to start back no later than 3 or 3:30 which should be plenty of time but with traffic you never know. Bolongo is closer to the pier but doesn't offer quite the same beach atmosphere as Sapphire (again--my opinion). Can't speak for Lindberg. CLoser to the city /pier I think. Enjoy!

Hokie: thank you for the info...our ship doesn't get in till 11:00 and we're docking in Crown Bay, thus the reason for wanting to be closer to the dock....we've been to Saphire in the past and loved it, (also Meagan's Bay many times), but with the short amount of time this trip, (must be back on the ship at 5:30)...we thought we'd stick closer to the dock. Thanks again.....

Archived