QM2 Eastbound South America March 2006

Emu

In a previous thread I mentioned how we have not yet recieved our shore excursions booklet.

As we were intending to take the 3 day option to Macchu Pichu, (which I discovered on the UK website), I rang Cunard in the USA.................. only to be informed they are sold out!!!!!!

No explanation of who got the opportunity to purchase the trips in advance of everyone else............... and no regard for those unfortunates like me who haven't even got the book yet.

As I have placed a deposit on the QM2 2007 World Cruise, I wish to know is this normal practice???????

If it is and I don't even get the opportunity to get our names down for some extended shore excursions............... I will most certainly cancel and travel by other means.

After all what is the point of going around the world only to miss places just over the horizon???? The ships are fabulous but I also want to see the rest of the world.:mad:

Anyone have any past experiences or advice?????????

Emu,

That sounds really frustrating. Although I love the QM2 (and am doing one of the South American trips this winter myself), I found on my last QM2 trip the shore excursions were poorly organized and overpriced.

There is a lot of good information under the "South America" section of the CC boards. I'm hoping to book some of my shore excursions through other companies. Some of them seem to be the same companies that Cunard books through. Perhaps you can find a Maccu Picchu trip by going directly to the source? :)

Thanks for the response.

I was considering that option............. just not sure about booking with a third party for extended period (about 3 days) off the ship, when it would involve planes, trains and accom. Particularly concerned about what happens if the ship is late or can't dock and vice versa if the tour stuffs up and misses the ships departure?????

At least Cunard has a responsibility to get you back on board etc.

But welcome any advice other may have

Archived