Taxi's, rental cars and shuttles....

CruisinFinsUp

Hi,

Not sure where exactly to post this - but we plan on staying in hotel in FLL precruise for 2 nites, hopefully using walking, shuttles & taxis, then finishing our cruise on the Star Princess (a Sunday), renting a car and driving up to Orlando where we will stay a few days before we fly home.

Any current advice would be greatly appreciated - we have 2 adults and two kids - age 3 and 6, plus luggage:

- What is the current car seat legislation for Florida - do you need a carseat for the under 40 lbs kids in taxi's and shuttles? Do any provide them?

-after cruise: what car rental agency would be the best bet for getting us quickly and easially from the ship to the office to get our vehicle? Do any provide shuttles anymore? I don't want to go to the airport to get a car?? (I think all car rental agencies do have rental car seats so we are ok after cruise).

Thanks!!

You'll need to bring your own car seat or rent one from the car rental companies.

Port Everglades and FLL are adjacent, the airport rental car offices ARE the rental car offices for Port Everglades. They're all located in a large parking garage in the middle of the airport terminals called the Car Rental Center.

Enterprise and Thrifty are the only companies with large off airport sites that are close to the port, but I don't believe that Enterprise location is open on Sundays. Budget also has an office on SE 17th Street, but their choice of cars is rather limited. Personally I would reserve one at the airport, and just grab a taxi, it's a 5 minute drive!

Archived