Direct from the Pacific Star

White Mouse

Well, the net is finaly up and running, Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve has we had a blast :D We are cruising back home, last port was vila, The weather has been Great, As this is my first cruise my comments on the ship might be different to yours but I think it's Great :)

Our cruise director is Shona Ballantyne, and guest stars are Jacki Love,

Peter Byrne,

There is NO laundry mat on the ship but the servive is about a 10 hour turn around time, shirts $3.00 pants $4.00

There is no childrens 5.00 oclock dinning, they eat with you, at 6pm or 8.15 pm, dinner takes about 1 & 1/2 hours and the food it great. or the steak room it's $15.00 and Breakfast there are 3 area's to eat,

The kids club is OK not all that much happening its at the rear of the ship

with a shallow pool but a bit rough.

As I said i'm a first timer, and I'm having a ball,:) The cabin are roomie for 2 of us, the staff are great if you can understand them, but we have made heaps of friends and had heaps of laughs :p

Cheers Mouse :p

Hi White Mouse thanks for the quick update. It was great reading it.

I am disappointed that there is no Kids dining. My daughter will get bored sitting around for 1 1/2 waiting for the adults. Imagine the adults with no kids getting stuck at a table of badly behaved kids. Not mine of course (I hope).

I found out after you left about the laundry. P&O said that $25 bags were available.

Look forward to hearing more when you get back.

Jane

HI Mouse

thanks for the update - it sounds like you are having a ball.

Do you know if they will be starting a childrens dining time?

As from a personal perspective I don't want to share my dining table with children who might misbehave when i'm on a honeymoon/anniversary cruise with my husband.

Cheers Rach

I agree totally about sharing with other kids. We have our own child with us so I guess it makes no difference in a way. But we have talked about doing a solo cruise one day for anniversary or something and I would not want to be near kids.

Wonder if they get a 5 course menu too. Also wonder about the kids club opening hours. Not much point them shutting at 5pm if it isn't dinnertime.

I will be ringing P&O on Monday to find out the arrangements. My husband is very disappointed he was looking forward to that one time where we would have to be without our daughter. I don't mind if she is with us the rest of the time as we could always say sorry but you cannot come to dinner with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got of the phone with Aussiedisneyfan, she got a reply from P&O about the laundry and Kids dining on the star. This is what she was told

• 'They are having technical problems with the laundry on the star, which is why no $25 bags were being offered, once these problems are fixed tis service will resume.'

• 'If the first sitting dinner is not fully booked with adults,then the kids dinner will be 1st sitting with the adults, otherwise there will be a seperate kids dinner.'

• 'Dinner on the Sun remains as it always was, with the kids eating at kids dinner.'

Will be interesting to see, she said she will give me an update of what happens when she does finally get onboard, as this doesn't fully explain why kids were at second sitting dinner.

Will keep you all informed when I find out more.

I agree about that, we wern't looking forward to trying to organise the 12 on our Feb cruise, all of the adults would have wanted to sit together, not split up with the kids, were trying to figure out if we could get away with having the kids at a separate table, but next to us, then figured that wouldn't be fair to the other passengers, so we are glad we need not worry abou that.

Thank cripes abput the Sun eating times with kids dinner. SA this is our first cruise, this has all been very confusing for us. I like to be organised.

I caqn't believe that we have hardly many days till our family goes on on our first cruise as well as being our first international family trip. We are nervous, excited and so very thankful for everyones comments on this board. I read the board daily and add something everyday to my list of things to take.

Punch out the Maitre De - lol... that made me laugh..

*Whaddya mean kids on our table.... cop this... WHACK*

haha

does anyone else find it a bit weird that P&O are messing around with the *working formula* - i.e. no more drinks in rooms, kids at Adult dinning times..

what's next...?

Yeh can't work out why they would want to change a working formula. What's the old saying "if it aint broke, then don't fix it". Something like that anyway.

Keepcruising, off the subject a bit, (sorry about that) am I correct in saying your on the 1st April Asian cruise. We're doing a b2b from 25/3 to 8/4.

Kerri

Yeh can't work out why they would want to change a working formula. What's the old saying "if it aint broke, then don't fix it". Something like that anyway.

Keepcruising, off the subject a bit, (sorry about that) am I correct in saying your on the 1st April Asian cruise. We're doing a b2b from 25/3 to 8/4.

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

One of the things we were told when discussing the changes with crew (who are also unhappy with a number of changes they have to face as well!) most of the changes are because P&O are trying to bring in things that are standard on Princess lines. Our response was that we don't want our cruise ships run like American ships, we like the Aussie way of doing things. This is also why they are bring the Regal Princess down under. Trying to return to 5 star cruising!! Who wants it?? Not me!!

We will definately be sending a letter to P&O (on top of our comment cards, they don't give too much room to write) outlining our issues and telling them to return the fun to Aussie cruise ships!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Kerri

Thats right Kerri were on the back to back 1/4 to 15/4, so we will be there for your second half. Will have to meet for a drink or something.:)

Sandra

Hi Flowerpower.

Yes, they have a Teen's Club 13 to 17 yrs, they are open 9am to 12 mid day then 2pm to 6pm and again from 7pm till 10pm, they will find there names on the list the first day they go. there's PS2 games,table tennis,

trivia games, bingo, but there was no disco. My boys only went acouple of times (They were bored) But they made heaps of friends, They would hang out together to go to the night show's and they all would have lunch together in the dinning room, or play cards or board games or swim in the pool. They both had a great time thay havn,t stop talking about the cruise, so I'm plaining another one soon.

Cheers Mouse:)

R601 - Pacific Star

Archived