Changing Passengers and Insurance

qm2fan

I have a hopefully simple question concerning changing 1 of the 2 passengers on a booking. Due to a personal scheduling conflict one of us cannot be on the crossing. Is it true that it is only $100 to change the name to someone who could go as a replacement? If not, how do I go about changing passengers? Secondly, we both had purchased insurance from Cunard. Unfortunately the reason for cancelling was not a covered reason. Therefore, is the replacement covered by the already purchased (and unused policy) or do they have to purchase a new policy from Cunard? Thanks for your help.

I have a hopefully simple question concerning changing 1 of the 2 passengers on a booking. Due to a personal scheduling conflict one of us cannot be on the crossing. Is it true that it is only $100 to change the name to someone who could go as a replacement? If not, how do I go about changing passengers? Secondly, we both had purchased insurance from Cunard. Unfortunately the reason for cancelling was not a covered reason. Therefore, is the replacement covered by the already purchased (and unused policy) or do they have to purchase a new policy from Cunard? Thanks for your help.

to the best of my memory i believe the insurance premium is never refundable even under a bonifide claim that would cancel or interrupt your cruise and not to be transferred as well!!! i hope i'm wrong four your sake. P>S> read the fine print or in the alternative get a note from your doctor for a non pre existing condition!!!!!! BAD BACK HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Booking conditions don't mention refunds of insurance, so presumably this is not possible. The UK conditions give a figure of £100 for changes up to 29 days. So British pax lose out again v US.

David.

Archived