Is Cave Tubing Dangerous!!!

RAIDERMOM

I will be in Belize July aboard the Carnival Glory and will be traveling with a large group of about 20 including teenagers (14 ,15 yrs) and want to try the cave tubing but after reading some reviews it seems it could be dangerous. I have read about the water rising high and people going under!!

Can anyone comment on this for me

Hola,

Cavetubing is a blast, but like anything else, you can get hurt. I say that because I have seen people (mostly drunks) that could get hurt in a padded room. The only danger that I have heard about was when the river was high from rains. If booked through a reputable company, they will take care of you. Bad reviews or accidents put a dent in their income, so they try to offer a first class experience.

I feel safer on a cavetubing tour than a car trip to the nearest Walmart.:p

We did cave tubing with Regie Tours...$45 a person. Regie Tour is very safety concious, and provides life vests, tubes and head lamps for each person. Our float in December 2005 was very calm waters, no fast rapids...very peaceful and relaxing. I am a non swimmer, and never once felt in danger.

Archived