Sea Turtle rescue - Cozumel

katibug

I did this excursion and it was just ok. The turtle portion of it is great but then they take you to a tourist park that has the history of Mexico and art, etc. I didn't know that would be part of the tour going in so it just make me roll my eyes, just another place they want us to spend money. We also stopped at a place that sold black coral. Ditto. A while ago I booked an excursion that was specifically to learn about Mexico and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, and there were no detours.

I did this excursion and it was just ok. The turtle portion of it is great but then they take you to a tourist park that has the history of Mexico and art, etc. I didn't know that would be part of the tour going in so it just make me roll my eyes, just another place they want us to spend money. We also stopped at a place that sold black coral. Ditto. A while ago I booked an excursion that was specifically to learn about Mexico and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, and there were no detours.

Thanks - that helps. :) Are you able to leave the tourist park early if you want? Or is it just "part of the day"?

Can you share what the "specific to Mexico" excursion was?I'd like to do something meaningful, since our excursion the next day just involves rum. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks - that helps. :) Are you able to leave the tourist park early if you want? Or is it just "part of the day"?

Can you share what the "specific to Mexico" excursion was?I'd like to do something meaningful, since our excursion the next day just involves rum. :)

If you sign up for the turtle excursion you are trapped on the tour for the day.

I thought I booked the "specific to Mexico" excursion via Carnival but could be wrong. If this link doesn't work, just Google "Flavors of Mexico Tour at Discover Mexico" https://www.cozumel-tours.com/chocolate-factory.htm

The tour included history of Mexico, including which products were made in each region, chocolate making, tequila tasting, a yummy margarita, and a taco buffet. They take you through a small museum of amazing art pieces, and I thought that the items in the gift shop were more unique than those at the ship dock mall.

If you sign up for the turtle excursion you are trapped on the tour for the day.

I thought I booked the "specific to Mexico" excursion via Carnival but could be wrong. If this link doesn't work, just Google "Flavors of Mexico Tour at Discover Mexico" https://www.cozumel-tours.com/chocolate-factory.htm

The tour included history of Mexico, including which products were made in each region, chocolate making, tequila tasting, a yummy margarita, and a taco buffet. They take you through a small museum of amazing art pieces, and I thought that the items in the gift shop were more unique than those at the ship dock mall.

More thanks! This looks like a lovely option!

We did it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the sea turtle part. Our tour had 4 nests. There were 6 of us digging our nest. My 19 year old daughter and I were paired with a family of 4 that had small kids. In our nest, we saved about 8 or 10 turtles. There were 6-8 dead turtles and over 100 empty eggs. We released the turtles into the surf. After the turtle part of the tour, we went to a lookout point that had locals selling things. Then, we went to a tequila tasting and Mayan tour. I wish we could have skipped the extra tour part since the rest of our family was waiting for us, but it wasn’t terrible.