how do the private tours beat ship tours to DRF if tender tickets go to them first?

newbie280106

I'm curious, I've read several posts about how private tours (peat, phil etc.) beat the ship tours to the fall. This is VERY appealing to us as I've heard it can get quite crazy there but am confused since I've also read countless times that people going to ship excursions get first shot at the tender tickets.

How does this work?

• 3 weeks later...

:D Take a private guide. You will be there faster. Not to mention you can leave and go shopping any time you want. Look up Barret Adventures...they are the best. We paid $55.00 per adult for a tour of the falls(included admit), then lunch at Margarittaville in Ocho, and shopping. The cruise exccursion doesn't aloow for this much time.:)

I would second using a private tour. It'll probably be less crowded, cheaper and more flexable. We went with Peat Taylor and had a great time. Not having used all of the guides, I won't say he's the best, but I will say he's darn good.

After the falls, I was ready for a shower. He took us back to the ship where I was able to clean up and grab a bite, and then he picked us back up to continue our tour. Or if you wanted, we would take you just about anywhere you would like to eat (some did the Ruins Restaurant)

-Monte

My post didn't go through yesterday.

Not only do you dock and can get off quickly that way. You are not lining up in very long lines with the cruise ship tours. So we arrived, met Oneill, Peat's son, and the van pulled up, the 4 of us (only ones on our bus) jumped on and away we went. Got there way before any ship tour did.

Archived