Galveston- park in lot, or get taxi back to hotel lot?

Lauralala

Hi! I'm a first time cruioser on the Grand (1/21). My question is- should we use the free lot at the hotel (reserved at Commodore) and take a taxi to and from port or would it be easier to pay a little more and park at the EZ lot? Other option - stay at Holiday Inn instread and use their parking lot and shuttle. I am all about avoiding frustration and making this a wonderful first cruise! Thanks in advance for your advice!

Laura

-Leaving on Grand on January 21!!! :)

Hola ,

It took us 3 trips to find the Holiday Inn on the Beach. It works a lot better for us. I hate to drive in traffic and the terminal is a madhouse so we use the shuttle service and leave the driver a big tip. Plus the service and view are good and you are close to Walmart.:D

I can recommend both EZ Cruise and Holiday Inn on the Beach.

On our Grand Princess cruise, my husband and I parked at EZ Cruise and it was great!

On my most recent Conquest cruise, I was traveling alone, so got a room at the Holiday Inn and made use of their free shuttle.

Both went very smoothly.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn, consider strolling over to Salsa's for some EXCELLENT Mexican food and YUMMY margaritas!;)

I can recommend both EZ Cruise and Holiday Inn on the Beach.

Both went very smoothly.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn, consider strolling over to Salsa's for some EXCELLENT Mexican food and YUMMY margaritas!;)

Yeah! I remember the Salsa's pre-cruise fling and on the post-cruise feast we go to Joe's Crab Shack. Got Crabs?

I'm sorry, amigos, but we leave in 28 days so I am a little restless. No, I am as wired as an electrician can be.

Archived