Door Signs

We always decorate our door. For the Radiance holiday cruise, I brought some of those vinyl colorforms type stick-ons with Santa & Christmas themes. Since they would not stick to the door, I secured them with Scotch tape. They remained there for the duration of the cruise. As a matter of fact, they were the source of a lot of conversation ("So you're the folks with the cute door").

I have also, on previous cruises, posted my Cruise Critic door sign.

Our friends did a sign on their door so that their son could find the cabin easily. Some I have seen have been very creative. We were sailing at Easter time, and I believe I saw the Easter Bunny hanging out on a cabin door!

I usually d not get involved with trivial BS, but I have to step in. 1st it's your cruise, your vacation and if you want to decorate your cabin door GO FOR IT! I love it. Especially when such as myself when you travel with a large group, company, etc. it's nice to "pick out" the cabins that have the groups or company's name on it. I have decorated my door in the past with kuddos. As posted before yes somtimes there are imature people who will take, rip off the decorations, such is life. So if you want to decorate you have my full support!!!!!!!! I wont' be offended.

I decorate my doors on every cruise (you can see my recent trip in my webshots, its right on the first page), and have had many people in cabins around me tell me how much they like them, foolish yes it helps you find your room, its great not having to look at each and every cabin number until you find your, but more than that, just fun, each one has been a memory from each cruise.

The doors are magnetic, I went and bought that magnetic tape on a roll and put it on the back of whatever I was using, but someone recently gave me a great idea. They make those magnetic sheets of paper so you could create your door sign on the computer and print it right on the magnetic paper. Some people on disney did it and they were beautiful.

Our friends did a sign on their door so that their son could find the cabin easily. Some I have seen have been very creative. We were sailing at Easter time, and I believe I saw the Easter Bunny hanging out on a cabin door!

When we've taken the time to decorate our door, it made it easier to pick out our cabin from a distance. Other cruisers have said that it not only helped them find their cabins but that they enjoyed seeing all the different decorations on the doors. And you know, when you're walking down a looooong hall, all those doors look the same! ;)

The day before I left for my cruise, someone from work forwarded me an email about the 10 Stupidest Things heard aboard a cruise ship (i.e. what do they do with the ice carvings after they melt? If the pictures aren't marked, how will I know which ones are mine?). I printed it out and put it up on the door. Whenever we would see people either going to or leaving our room, they always commented on how funny the sign was.

A couple of years ago, we cruised about 10 days before Christmas. We had four cabins in a row and decorated the doors all alike. We used wide red velvet ribbon, putting one strip across the door and one from top to bottom. Where they intersected, we attached a big red bow. It made each of the doors look like a Christmas package. Lots of people commented on how pretty it looked and our cabin steward was thrilled to get the decorations for his own cabin when we disembarked.

I've got gorgeous blue and green organza ribbon to decorate the door on our April cruise!

Happy cruising,

Susan

Archived