Monday and Sloth tour question

RealityCheck

I didn't do Daniel Johnson but took a tour with Victor Bodden that went to the sanctuary (they didn't have sloths then). Honestly, it was definitely a highlight, getting to play with the monkeys. My son was probably 16 at the time and even he liked it :) I would think you will enjoy it.

We did this tour a couple of years ago with our teenage daughter, and it was great...one of our favorite excursions ever! Our tour guide met us outside the port gates [you have to walk through the port, up a hill and down the other side to meet the independent tour operators, but it's not too far]. It was a private car, not a tour bus, and there were no other people with us, just the three of us. He drove us all around the island, telling us about everything. We stopped in several places to take pictures, and he kept asking if there was anything else we would like to see. When we got to the sanctuary, we got to see lots of parrots [and even entered their cage and held them!] We also saw some small animals that looked like rabbits....I think they were called agouti. Next, we entered the cage with several adolescent monkeys that jumped and climbed all over us...it was awesome! And finally, we got to hold a big, sleepy sloth, and have it put its arms around us and rest its head on our shoulders.

After we left the sanctuary, our guide offered to take us to a beach, or to a restaurant for lunch. We decided against those options, though, so he took us back to the port. Overall, I think we were out and about for five hours, and could have taken longer if we had wanted to.

I highly recommend booking a tour through Daniel Johnson.

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Sanctuary tour in Roatan? I think my 11ds would love it but would like to hear first hand reviews if possible. Thanks

I would recommend it as it was one of my favorite all time excursions while on a cruise, and if we go back to Roatan I will book with them again. Here is a video of the excursion we took (there are different options), which included an island tour first, then the monkeys/sloths/macaws/etc., and then snorkeling at two different stops.

We booked the excursion directly through "Daniel Johnson's Monkey & Sloth Hangout" on his Facebook page. When I contacted them on Facebook, they gave us the different excursion package prices and details, and then I told him which one we wanted and they sent a confirmation and details about how to meet them once in port via the Facebook messaging. Everything was so easy and it was a great and fun experience.