Taxi to Rum Point??

crisvow

The issue is twofold, cost and availablity of taxis for a return to the dock.

I can't exactly quote the cost of a cab ride for ten people from the cruise docks to Rum Point. Many taxi fares on Cayman are on a per person basis, and it's not cheap since it is a drive of nearly an hour each way. This decision is not even close. Renting and driving yourself wins by a large margin.

Getting back to the dock is no small feat either. Taxis do not line up waiting at Rum Point. Never. There is no regular bus service to Rum Point and, as has been much lamented, no ferry at this time either. You need to plan ahead for your return trip.

With a large enough group you could investigate hiring a bus and driver from one of the local transport companies. The per person cost may get to a reasonable figure going this route. This would need to be arranged well in advance, and is not an option to set up after you arrive.

A group of us is going to be at Grand Cayman next week and a group of at least six wants to go to Rum Point. I called two different taxi companies. It was enough that I threw away the notest I made and decided to rent a car. We would have hired the taxi and driver for the day. My recollection of the price quoted was $180 - $240. Too rich for my blood.

Archived