Confused about tipping

Mitzi_Muffin

This my help you. Go to http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com

Marilyn

I am going on the Celebrity Century with my 8 and 11 year old and I went to the above tip website. It said $147.00 fo the 3 of us for a 7 day cruise. I then put in 3 adults and the tip came up $$221.00. I figure I should tip the same for my kids as me since they will receive the same service. They take up a seat in the dining room as an adult would and bed has to be made etc. I called Celebrity to see if I could pre pay my tips and they said I have to go through my TA.

I am going on the Celebrity Century with my 8 and 11 year old and I went to the above tip website. It said $147.00 fo the 3 of us for a 7 day cruise. I then put in 3 adults and the tip came up $$221.00. I figure I should tip the same for my kids as me since they will receive the same service. They take up a seat in the dining room as an adult would and bed has to be made etc. I called Celebrity to see if I could pre pay my tips and they said I have to go through my TA.

Hi Raggedyann,

Your observations are correct. Celebrity officially recommends half tipping when children are the third or fourth person in a room. So, technically their recommendation would have been $183.75, since only one of your children is the "third or fourth" person in the room.

But as you have also observed, many people do tip the full amount for their children, for the reasons you gave. The calculator gives a checkbox option for either full or half tipping for children, so you can choose whichever you prefer to use.

Theron

Do you tip the bus driver who transfers you between the cruise terminal and the airport?

Yes. Anyone who touches my bag helps me that much. I tip the shuttle bus driver who drives me from my car at the off airport lot to the airport. he lifts the suitcase out for me. It is a small tip, but they are always pleased when you hand it to them. They do not seem to expect it, however.

At the Ft Lauderdale there is a sign saying you do not have to tip porters because they are salaried. Is this so in other ports?

Archived