Anyone At All For The Wonder 02/02/2006

momrek06

Hello. This is my first post and it will be my first cruise. I am going on the 2/2/06 Wonder!!! I will be going with my 4 yo ds and my mom. I am so excited. I never actually saw myself as a "cruise" type of person but I know seeing the joy on my ds's face and all the fun he is going to have will be well worth it for me. We did WDW last year and I think he was too young to really enjoy it...all he wanted was the pool at our Resort. I think that the cruise will be something he enjoys.

Hey MikeysMommy:

WELCOME ABOARD!! I am so excited. It is just me and DH!! Our first cruise ever and have been reading everything and anything I can on DCL!! We have not selected any excursions as we are taking this all slowly and as first timers will just be "getting our feet wet" (hahaha) about all this!!! Our kids are in college (undergrad:Mikey and masters:Chris)! And I might add they are jealous BUT hey they have classes and homework...hahaha!!!:D :D :D

PS: I am "MikeysMommy" too!!!!!!!

Hey Momrek06

Can you email me, I need to ask you a big favor. Can you possibly send me a cup of sand from Castaway Cay? I totally forgot to get some when we went and I collect sand from all the different places we go. Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Gtrigona1@aol.com

Gina

Boca Raton, FL

We are also going to be on the Wonder 2/2/06. This is our 1st Disney Cruise, but not our first cruise. We were on a 5 day Carnival about 5 yrs ago. We heard so many great things about DCL, we can't wait. It will be myself, husband, and 2 kids - 5 and 3 yrs old. I booked a cat 11, but upgraded to cat 8 by the mouse. COOL! We are staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort before the cruise. We are DVC members (actually my parents are) as well as annual passholders. We've been to Disney World too many times to count, and Disney's Vero Beach Resort. We are looking forward to a new adventure! :) Two quick questions, how early should we arrive at the port, and how long a drive is it from Disney World?

HEY DVC: Welcome Aboard....NOT SURE OF EITHER....I think you can start to board around NOON. The rooms I am told may not be ready until 1:30pm. :confused:

We are taking the WDW transfer from the AKL over to the Port...but I think it is close to an hour from WDW. :confused:

Sorry I could not be more helpful. I was told that upon check-in at AKL they will tell me what time to be ready for the transfer on 02/02!! We are 4 days before at the PARKS....YEAH!!! We are all excited. It is just DH & I. We are both 50 and it is our FIRST CRUISE EVER but we love WDW so much we decided to combine both. My boys are in college (masters and undergrad) hence they have to go to class, study and do homework...so no MOUSE for them...despite the fact they are both MICKEY MANIACS...!!!

We plan to call them on our cell from every ride possible "just to rub it in"!!! :D just kidding, we will miss them terribly but they can go on their breaks!!!

We set sail one week from today! Now my biggest challange is deciding how much to pack. :confused: I just checked the extended weather forecast for the Bahamas, and it looks pretty good. Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 70's. My 3 yr old is really looking forward to the pirate night. He loves Pirates of the Carribean. He was even Captain Jack Sparrow for Halloween!

We set sail one week from today! Now my biggest challange is deciding how much to pack. :confused: I just checked the extended weather forecast for the Bahamas, and it looks pretty good. Partly cloudy, highs in the upper 70's. My 3 yr old is really looking forward to the pirate night. He loves Pirates of the Carribean. He was even Captain Jack Sparrow for Halloween!

trouble packing?

Let Calgon help you. Check out his ultimate cruise packing lists for everything that you might even remotely need on a cruise... http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/

BTW and remember that you heard it first here,

Pirates of the Caribbean at all of the Disney parks are going down for a rehab. When they come back up, expect to see a lot more of Capt. Jack and the Black Pearl.

Odd that is, a movie based on a park attraction based on a movie. It's synergy gone crazy.

Hi. My husband and I have cruised lots of times but this is our first Disney Cruise. We live in Orlando so we thought we'd try a nice weekend get-a-way. We're in our 50's and our kids are grown. We'll probably be taking advantage of the adult pool and beach. Do you know if there is also a lunch buffet at the adult beach or do we have to go back to the family beach for that? Looking forward to this - just 2 more days!!!!

Archived