Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Hi Joeci, I am coping Bequia's post 125 on page 7, there has been a lot posted about what's around the Sleep inn It's a pretty handy place.

Bequia truly is the expert:

image.php?u=104877&dateline=1150635312Bequia user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_6760403", true);

5,000+ Club

icon1.gif

The Publix has a decent wine selection, if you can't find what you want there's a newer Publix 1/2 a mile north of the Sleep Inn (on Dania Beach Blvd) that has double the wine selection of the one close to the Sleep Inn. There's a package store where hard liquor can be purchased by the Sleep Inn as well. ;)

Hi Bequia, Imagine meeting you here:D I want to thank you for all the great FLL advice it really made our experience there in April nice! Thanks Again,

Dianne

Hi Dianne, So happy it all worked out for you. Will you be doing it again anytime soon?

Bequia,

Have you heard anything about this hotel? Do you know if there are any restaurants nearby?

Also again I want to thank you for your maps, that is just great and so helpful.

I'm not familiar with, has outstanding reviews on TA though. Take one for the team and give us a review. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Cocobelle,++Fort+Lauderdale,+FL&ie=UTF8&ll=26.129433,-80.10915&spn=0.014179,0.019956&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&om=1

Bequia, I do like your maps, Trip advisor has some god remarks about Cocobelle:Check out the peoples reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34227-d633477-r7476815-Cocobelle_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Angie, The sleep Inn is pretty much a hit on this thread If you go to page 6 start with #111 they are talking about it and it is sprinkled all through here.

Dianne

Has anyone stayed at Sleep Inn and Suite at 1500 5th Ave in Dania? Any comments would be great?

Thanks

Angie

Hi Angie - This is my post after our one night stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania on April 13the before our cruise - Sleep Inn Dania is a Great Place to stay. Sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been swamped trying to catch up since I got back. We had a great stay on 4/13. Got to the airport in FLL, called the hotel for the shuttle pick up and he was there inabout 10 minutes. Short hop to the hotel, courteous, friendly staff, nice large clean room with free high speed internet in the room and wireless in the lobby. Drug store next store to the hotel and mall across the street. Great Mexican & Italian restaurants in the mall. Very good free breakfast at the hotelin the AM. Make an appointment for the shuttle to the pier as soon as you check in, they fill up fast. Would stay there again anytime.

Dianne.....Thanks for all your help and advice.....I booked the Sleep Inn and I also booked the Holliday Inn Express Air/Sea Port on SR 84....Someone I work with recommended it....

I was looking through this thread but not much on the Holiday Inn Express Air/sea port on SR 84

Does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel?

Jodi

well I am really going nuts......reading all the post I want to make sure the hotel is not in a bad area I have 3 little kids so we wont be walking to fast....

So I have booked the......................

Sleep Inn for 160 a night

Marriot Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Airport & cruise Port for 248 a night

Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port for 249 a night

Holiday Inn Express Ft Lauderdale Air/Sea Port for 265 a night

They all offer shuttle services from the airport and the cruise port......

I like the price of the Sleep Inn

my husband thinks I am crazy..........:confused:

I know I am crazy........:rolleyes:

Jodi, your not nuts I did the same thing. I went to trip advisor and everyone said it's a nice hotel. Only negative was it's on busy SR84 and you have to cross that street to get to the eating establishments.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34227-d502999-r7628117-Holiday_Inn_Express_Ft_Lauderdale_Air_Sea_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Dianne

The Sleep Inn is not a glamours hotel but our experience was clean and convenient, and the people were wonderful, we were only there 1 night. I don't believe there's much for kids to do so you might want to check on that. How long were you going to be staying there?

We have always stayed at a more upscale hotel before we left on a cruise just because it was the beginning of another dream vacation. We just couldn't justify the prices down there for just the night.

Did you see curlyd"s question asking about the CoCcoBelle, it looked pretty nice, I thought I would check into it next time I'm there. Right next to the beach, of course I didn't check the price.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34227-d633477-r7476815-Cocobelle_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Dianne

Morning everyone, Sleep Inn is my choice for a one night stay precruise. Convenient, clean and everything available righjt next door. Just a heads up for those who may not have found this out. They not only do senior rate for over 50, but if you tell them you are over 60 they go even lower. since I am over 60 I use the Nana card and not only get a lower rate, but wind up with what they call a suite, aka, 2 beds and a tiny sitting area. The room does afford more room though.

All those ready to sail, have a wonderful cruise. Beej

Archived