Previous Triumph cruisers.....

stacyinpa

I am looking for info on the Triumph. I am thinking of booking this ship or another cruise lines ship and wanted to compare the two....as far as activities. My children are 17 and 12 (when we sail Dec/06).

We just got off the Victory on Dec 25th and I know the Triumph is a sister ship....they tell me it has the same layout, just different decor.

I am looking for things to keep the kids busy...I am sure they wont want to spend all day at the pool nor all day in the programs.

On the Victory we went to Costa Maya (short day there) and Jamaica (short day there) and the rest were sea days because we couldnt get into Caymen due to sea swells...thats what they told us. Sooo after having technically 5 days at sea....and the ports we went to were very short visiting times....I have to say we got a bit board. There was BINGO like crazy but that gets old too. I didnt feel there was alot to keep us or them busy for ALL that time. A comedian couldnt get on becuase we didnt go to Caymen and in Jamiaca they said an accident prevented someone who was supposed top preform from getting on there.

I didnt come here to complain....I had been on Disney and the Carnival Inspiration and loved both of them, so its not that my expectations are so high that I cant be satisfied. We loved the Inspiration, and it seemed there was alot to do on that ship even tho it was small.

I want to try again for Dec/06 and was looking at the Triumph since that will hold 5 of us in a room. We had the same accomodations on the Vistory and we didnt feel 'crowded' in at all. We managed quite well. The Victory, Destiny and Triumph hold 5 in a room.

So with that said...can anyone fill me in on the Triumph and the decor, as well as what they offer in the line of activities. Are they the same as the Victory?

The other cruise line I am looking into I have NEVER sailed on...altho there is alot for the kids should we get extra sea days again. I like sea days but 5 was a bit much with not much to do.

I am trying to plan and weigh this all out. I love everything about Carnival so far (only been 2 ships tho) except this last one lacked in stuff for the kids to do. I think the Inspiration even had a basketball court on it? Victory had 1 ping pong table (with lots of kids standing around waiting to play), a shuffleboard place (not well noticed)....other then that besides swimming and the kids clubs...not much. Oh they did have 1 xBOX in the teen area which was loaded with kids waiting to play and no one around to even regulate how long someone was sitting there with it as others were waiting.

All in all--the shows, food, our room, dining experience....was all fantastic, BUT having things to do for the kids is also something that should have been considered when making a beautiful ship like the Victory. Especially after having 5 sea days.

Any thoughts on how the Triumph compares?

Thank You-

Stacy

We are sailing on Triumph in February. I will be posting my review when I get back. I can't wait to sail on Carnival again. There will be plenty of kids on our cruise because we are sailing during Feb. school vacation week when all the kids from the northeast are on vacation.

We are sailing on Triumph in February. I will be posting my review when I get back. I can't wait to sail on Carnival again. There will be plenty of kids on our cruise because we are sailing during Feb. school vacation week when all the kids from the northeast are on vacation.

When are you sailing? Have not heard of school vacations in Feb - can you share your info? Thanks :D

Have sailed Triumph Eastern in Apr 2003 and loved her so much we sailed her again Western in Apr 2004. Daughter now 13 and son 15 met many kids of similiar interests and particularly enjoyed the teen dance club time. Since it was Spring break there were what seemed like a thousand kids on board. The Teen Supervisor (12-14) at the time seemed overwhelmed and unfortunately there were a few kids on that ship that were pretty unruly. Overall my kids LOVED it and preferred the Triumph activities to other lines we have been on (NCL & RCL). I think for the most part the kids hung out near the pizza place or in the card room as the activities for their age range were pretty unstructured-and events that were listed on the teen capers did not occur as scheduled- perhaps because of lack of interest. that being said my kids were just happy to be cruising and meeting new people and did not get bored.

Archived