NCL Kids Program

jgwolf

Anyone have any recent experience on NCL for the kids program. Did RCCL last year and thought NCL may be a good alternative. My son is 4 were there many kids his age. we would be going in April so i guess with spring break there would be more families

Thanks

We took our (then) 2.5 year old on the NCL Spirit last year, and we thought that their childrens' program was outstanding. The camp counsellors were wonderful, and my daughter was always laughing and happy when we picked her up.

BTW, NCL does not change diapers. I believe that Carnival (and maybe Disney) are the only two lines that do that.

If your children are >2 and not potty-trained NCL will give you a beeper and page you when they need to be changed (someone has to remain on the ship).

Even Disney will give a beeper if you leave your kids in the kids programs because they have to be able to use the bathroom unassisted.

Personlly I thought NCL had the better children's program.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there jgwolf!

We did the NCL Star Mexican Riviera last May and had a four year old and a 1 year old. We went with another family with kids the same age. The one year olds were too young for the Kids Club, but the four year olds loved it....We are going on the same cruise in another month and we can update you at that point...

• 3 weeks later...

My kids (now 6 and 8-1/2) liked both the Disney and NCL kid's programs. The NCL program is much smaller so the kids get more attention.

A nice break for you too, as the ship doesn't have 1000+ kids on it. The NCL staff told us there were 130 kids on our sailing. Both cruises were off-season.

On our ship, some of the NCL staffers were previously on the Disney's kid's club staff and I think their experience showed--they paced the day nicely alternating physical activities and quieter activities, got along very well with the children, and genuinely seemed to enjoy their work.

Have a great cruise!

My son had the BEST time on the Jewel in the kids club. He was 3 1/2 when we sailed. The first words out of his mouth every morning were "Is the kids club open?" He wanted to be there ALL the time. He loved the staff there......they really know how to keep the kids entertained.

We also sailed the week before Thanksgiving....so there weren't a lot of kids on board. In his age group (2-5) there were maybe 15 kids at the most in the club. The week after (thanksgiving) they were expecting hundreds of kids.....over 80 just in the 2-5 age group.

I'm sure your son will have a great time.

Archived