The only Cave Tubing you need to do!

Devient Canuck

First off, Hi all! First time Poster, just came back from my first cruise. The Carnival Glory 31/Dec/05 to 7/Jan/06. Thanks to some good reviews and posts on these boards I was able to have a wonderful experience in Belize and Costa Maya (more to follow on that)

Alright, DO NOT BOOK TUBING WITH YOUR CRUISE LINE . On my cruise Carnival sells this for $93 per person. Now they will scare you and tell you to book through them, private tours are not reliable etc.... well here's what I did.... First off I went with

Tom ***** (Major Tom) ***** ADVENTURES BELIZE

www.*****

He was recommended on an earlier thread by a lot of others, here's what I got from him....

1. Met my group and I (7 people total comapared to 20-30 through the cruise line), right at the pier as we get off the tender. (If you pay through cruise line they will give priority tender to you. Or like me, just go to the meeting spot on the ship and pretend you did.)

2. Drove us to the park where tubing is, 45 min I think it was, talking all the way telling you history and answering any questions you have. We picked up his safety guy half way there.

3. When we arrived we took 20 minutes to get ourselves ready, he led us past the BIG group from the ship to his area with his tubes/vests/and flashlights. As we walk through the rain forest to the tubing site, he stops every so often to tell us about what we are seeing as we go, i.e. trees, insects, bats, birds, mayan culture and history etc..

4. When we arrived to the spot 30 minutes later I think, we let a big group move down stream before we ventured in. As we take the tour down the river/stream we stopped a few times to get a little history about the sites. We actually got out of the tubes 3 times I think (no other group does) to venture within the cave a bit to see some pretty kool formations.

5. He has NEVER has an accident while conducting the tours there, 12 years i think so far. Sometines he does multiple tours in a day. Also he will not take more then 12 people in a group.

6. After the tubing was over, we eat at the little restauant right at the tubing park entrance. The food is amazing and is included in your price (Also you pay for your day after you eat, for me it was $106 for the wife and I, everything included)

In closing Tom was a very very good guide to have. Very knowledable and easy going. Taking the time to give the tour properly with the respect to the history that it deserves. Of course he will get you back to your ship in-time, along with you knowing the return time he checks it himself as well. I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to experience the best excursion in Belize. This was the highlite of the cruise for my wife and I. Tom thank you very much. I will post some pics after I get the film developed. Cheers!

Tom ***** (Major Tom) ***** ADVENTURES BELIZE www.*****

Archived