Norwegain Dawn or Carnival Legend?

MMJJCREW

We're planning to cruise in August from New York City. We'll be traveling with another family and will have 4 children with us ranging in age from 2 to 9. Which of the following cruises would you recommend for us and why, Norwegian Dawn or Carnival Legend?

We have sailed both ships and I prefer the Dawn. Althought my children are grown, I have seen the interaction of the staff and camp kids and was impressed on the Dawn. I think the food, surroundings, etc are comparable but the crew is especially good on the Dawn as well. EileenN

I can only speak for the Dawn and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip on her (going again this March). They have no water slide but did have a really nice kid's area. There was even a separate buffet area for kids. It had hot dogs, chicken fingers, spaghetti, etc. and smaller tables and chairs.

You may also want to consider the itineraries also.

I would pick the Dawn but my husband..Legend. I really enjoy Freestyle and he does not. For me....really the price would influence my decision. I am looking into the Dawn for September 2 and the prices are $1000.00 higher from my last three cruises on the Dawn.

I've noticed that the prices out of NYC seem higher also. Not many deals out there either.

I have reviews posted on both ships. If you care to read them look under posts started by me. Also have pictures of both on webshots.

I've sailed the Dawn and love her, but I say book both then you can do a real close comparison. Personally, if price, itinerary, kid's activities etc. compare close, I'd choose the freestyle dining because that's just my preference.

Archived