Formal Night

Cacky1

Button - On cruises five nights or shorter, there is ONE formal night, usually your second night aboard the ship. On longer cruises, there are two formal nights.

B8 - The maitre d' on your cruise just wasn't doing his job. I've also seen people on more than one cruise asked by the maitre d' to either change to more appropriate attire, or have their dinner in the Lido buffet area. That's the way it should be.:)

If my husband and son wear dress shirts and ties without a jacket, would they be turned away?

Did I see someone say you sailed from Texas

Yes, I did. I've read the coments about more jeans being worn on cruises originating in Texas, but people wore shorts and flip-flops into the dining room (non-formal). Is that because of leaving from TX too?

You'll see plenty of both... if you want to wear the cocktail dress, go for it, you won't be out of place.

I totally agree..... It think the days of ONLY long ball gowns and tuxedo's are long gone...

Now you will see a nice mix of evening wear that is very dressy and more party wear~ I think folks have come to their senses and realized that unless you plan to wear the beaded long gown again in the near future than put your $$ into something you will wear again....

Even men go in both suits sport coats and tux's and than a few in nice pants, shirt and tie....

Wear what you are comfy in. Im sure you will look great in whatever you choose!!! ;)

On the Spirit we sure saw everything. The couple who set behind us wore jeans or sweat pants every night. Except on formal.... there was sequins on her T-Shirt and she wore pearls with it.

Were you sailing with the Clampett's????

Sweat pants???

Sequin T-SHIRTS???? :eek:

Then your maitre d' was not doing his job. I would have laughed if he wanted a tip.

Our maitre d' turned them away.

And we didn't tip him either though we tipped our head waiter and assistant and steward so perhaps that will send a message. I was one who didn't care what people wore and said I wouldn't notice. But I did notice a frown on my face when I saw the 16 year old with cut offs on formal night. That just goes back to "where were their parents?" I would have let my kids know there was one night they had to get dressed up. They would have loved that but if they didn't too bad. That wasn't optional plus as I said the range was huge. The kids didn't even have to wear a jacket. A pair of slacks and a nice shirt would have done just fine if they "refused" to wear a tie.

I have a question about Carnival dining room policy, not just cruiser opinions. I've not seen this written anywhere. What is the dress policy for the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Are walking shorts, golf shirt, and sandals appropriate?

I have a question about Carnival dining room policy, not just cruiser opinions. I've not seen this written anywhere. What is the dress policy for the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Are walking shorts, golf shirt, and sandals appropriate?

Absolutely. I often went in with a long top over my bathing suit and flip flops especially breakfast. We usually ate at the buffet during lunch but as long as you have a top on anything goes. (PS I just got off the Liberty.)

Naked people are not served in any public restaurant - you'll have to order room service. Otherwise, enjoy!

ZYDECOCRUISER,

Not so! have been to three places where people were served while nude. one in Texas, Fla. and one in Italy.

The Fla. was next to a nude resort They had a sign posted that there might be nude dinners there.

The Texas one , just west of Galveston,A group just walk in and the workers just serve them like it was an everyday event.

In Italy on one of the islands off Venice, People just walked off the beach. Those nude were given !)Male a tie 2) the Women a ribbon with a flower. And this was a very fancy place

Paul

ZYDECOCRUISER,

Not so! have been to three places where people were served while nude. one in Texas, Fla. and one in Italy.

The Fla. was next to a nude resort They had a sign posted that there might be nude dinners there.

The Texas one , just west of Galveston,A group just walk in and the workers just serve them like it was an everyday event.

In Italy on one of the islands off Venice, People just walked off the beach. Those nude were given !)Male a tie 2) the Women a ribbon with a flower. And this was a very fancy place

Paul

In the US, health regulations require something to sit on, even if a towel or a scarf. It is true you don't really have to wear - it could be an accessory.

Even New York City has a clothing optional restaurant.

Absolutely. I often went in with a long top over my bathing suit and flip flops especially breakfast. We usually ate at the buffet during lunch but as long as you have a top on anything goes. (PS I just got off the Liberty.)

Shorts, tees, sandals are the norm for having b'fast and lunch in the dining room. (I have all three meals there every day.)

The only thing they say is "NO swimwear OR coverups"........;)

I can honestly say that I have never noticed what other people are wearing when we go to dinner on a cruise.

I know that on formal nights, my wife and I get dressed very nice. Me in a tux and she in a gown with heels.

We walk in as if we were the guests of honor. Arm in arm strutting our stuff.

It feels great to get dressed up and enjoy dinner after horseing around on deck or in port all day.

Shorts, tees, sandals are the norm for having b'fast and lunch in the dining room. (I have all three meals there every day.)

The only thing they say is "NO swimwear OR coverups"........;)

Hmmm well maybe my coverups looked like dresses. :eek:

Archived