Cocktails?

bkellerby

I am going on NCL dream on a 7 day cruise, we went on RCCL for our first cruise. Had a Balcony room and once we sailed could buy bottle of liquor to take to our cabin for extra fee. Can anyone tell me if you can do the same on Ncl cruises? Thanks

You can take wine bottles and buckets of beer bought during your cruise to your cabins, but not hard liquor. But, you can pre-order a bar setup, at least two weeks in advance, of hard liquor for you room. Any hard liquor bought at the duty free shop will be held for you, which you will get on departure.

So the answer is yes and no, depending upon how you do it.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can purchase a bottle of wine in a port of call and bring it onboard to drink in my cabin? If that is true, that is fantastic. I will be in the Med and was hoping to buy some wine in Italy and drinking it in my cabin, but not sure if this is going to be possible. If I drink it in my cabin, do I have to pay a corking charge?

So, if I understand you correctly, I can purchase a bottle of wine in a port of call and bring it onboard to drink in my cabin? If that is true, that is fantastic. I will be in the Med and was hoping to buy some wine in Italy and drinking it in my cabin, but not sure if this is going to be possible. If I drink it in my cabin, do I have to pay a corking charge?

You pay the corkage fee when you bring the bottle on the ship. If you want to take the bottle to a restaurant, bring your receipt showing you have paid the corkage fee. So, yes you do pay a corkage fee even if you open the bottle yourself and consume it in your cabin.

:)

BTW, if you're talking about hard liquor, RCI no longer allows you to buy a bottle and take it back to your cabin. They did away with that a few months ago. There was a great uproar over on the RCI board - lots of criticism and plenty of claims of "I'll never sail RCI again".

Archived