Paradise beach or Passion Island

freezone

You can't go wrong with Paradise Beach. Just read all the reviews!! Beautiful beach.. When we were in Cozumel last Thanksgiving we took a boat ride past Passion Island and there was nothing there.. a few chairs by the water but nothing compared to Paradise Beach. It may be up and running but a sure thing is Paradise Beach!

I was at Passion Island 1-12 - took the Jeep Adventure which was a 5 hour excursion with 3 hours on Passion Island. They surprised us with an open bar in addition to the buffet. The beach was in great shape, the bathrooms were excellent, and there were numerous chairs and hammocks to lounge in. I don't think I'd do the tour again for the $$ spent. It was interesting driving in the jeep and seeing the devastation first hand, though. We drove through town and then some back roads. The jungle is virtually stripped bare and the hotels are a wreck. Our guide said there is only one hotel open on Cozumel. The tendering getting back on the ship took FOREVER. We didn't get back on the boat until after 4:00 pm which was when the ship was to sail. The line for the last tender for our boat was unbelievable. I wish we would have went to Paradise Beach though my brother said it was very crowded.

Jus wondering if anyone has been there recently, or if one of the locals can comment. Should we go to Paradise Beach or Passion Island? We are little worried that PB will be very busy, lots of kids, etc.!

Passion Island is not gone. Here's a recent post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=273125

Then there's this boards Search feature, just type in Passion Island, select the Cozumel forum, and you get every post with Passion Island in the title, there are 2 threads about Passion Island with over 35 replies, make sure to read the latest post found on the last pages:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=76252&highlight=Passion+Island

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=247691&page=2&highlight=Passion+Island

I was just at Paradise Beach on Thursday (1/12) and it was absolutely wonderful - we got there early (around 9:15) and virtually had our choice of chairs. It did get busier around 11:30 or so - but I never felt it was crowded and there were 6 ships in port that day. There were families with children - but the ones that were there were all well behaved and played in the water for most of the day. I wouldn't hesitate to go back -- actually I will be back in exactly one year - if I can't figure out a way to get there sooner! :D

El Coz, can we go to Passion Island on our own? I had read somewhere you can take a cab to the ferry, is that true?

Not a good idea. Because they are only set up to receive cruise guests, is that you take a taxi, they tell ya sure, and take you, charge you 20 bucks and then tell you the guys on the little boats will take you across, sure they take you across for a few more bucks, then you get there and they run you off if you aren't with the cruise tour.

If you're on a cruise the only way to go is to buy it on board.

Well worth it too....imho

We were at Paradise Beach last Tuesday and it was beautiful! We got there around 1 or so and had chairs right on the water front. There were not many people in the water and not many kids for that matter. It was BEAUTIFUL! Highly recommended!

When we went to Paradise Beach last April, we too arrived around 9:15 and had the place to ourselves. There were many ships in port that day and it did get crowded around 11 or so but after 1, many people left. It was the highlight of our cruise. My DH loved it and wants to go back again! The snorkeling tour that is now being offered at PB makes it even better!

Archived