EXCURSIONS ON PRINCESS--are they terrible?!

ehelms

Okay, since we only have about 5 hours on land in Belize :eek: and we really want to do the zip line tour, i think it is best if we stick with the cruise ship excursions. Are they just absolutely terrible? I hear of everyone going the independent route, and I just wanted to know if going through Princess would be awful?

Okay, since we only have about 5 hours on land in Belize :eek: and we really want to do the zip line tour, i think it is best if we stick with the cruise ship excursions. Are they just absolutely terrible? I hear of everyone going the independent route, and I just wanted to know if going through Princess would be awful?

It's not a matter of good vs. bad (awful). It is a matter of cost. The ship canopy tour is $109 pp; an independent booking is around $80. That price difference is four or five more martinis per person back on the ship. :D

Ship excursions tend to have first priority getting off the ship at tender ports. The ship will wait past sailing time if a ship excursion is running late. These are the factors that are important when making the decision who to book a tour with/through. It's an individual comfort zone thing.

I will likely book an independent cave tubing excursion. The ship charges $99 pp with independent prices ranging from $43 to $60 for what will be essentially be the same activity at the same location.

Enjoy!

I also concur...

It is usually financial and the freedom to not be in such a big crowd that causes people to book there own tours...but if your time in Belize is super short...5 hours:eek: (...what kind of port stop is that???...more like take a running jump out of a moving car!~ Tuck and roll!!!...)

You might just want to go with the ships tour....I have done ship's tours before~under similiar circumstances~ some of them are actually really good...the tour operators they promote are bigger and usually better established...they are still locals running the show~they just happen to be the locals that the ship choose to promote. When time is a huge factor...and you don't have a lot of wiggle room- it will give you peace of mind~ so swing from the trees Tarzan...just pay a little more for it!

I'd definitely go with a ship tour since you're so short on time and since Belize is a tender port (ship tour passengers get off first).

We tend to do independent tours, but we weigh the risks each time. I wouldn't risk it in this case. If you're not on that last tender, you miss the ship.

Archived