carnival victory louisbourgh fortress tour

musicmansmom

this is the most important tour i want to take while in sydney. if you have done the tour from the ship can you tell me if it was worth it or should i try to book with an independent ( which i am havig trouble finding at the time. ). i want to have a great '' at my will tour of the fortress '' and dont know how to book it and get the best tour for the money.

can i get off the ship and find someone who will be willing to take me on this tour with a vendor on the dock??

any help here. thanks so much

Do not do not book this thru the ship.. We did and had barely 1.5 hours there... there will be locals at the pier and you can arrange for someone to take you out there and pick you up. When are you going???? I might have time to poke around and find something for you if you can wait about 3 weeks...got a move and a trial coming up... I def. will go back to Louisbourg next time on my own.

Do not do not book this thru the ship.. We did and had barely 1.5 hours there... there will be locals at the pier and you can arrange for someone to take you out there and pick you up. When are you going???? I might have time to poke around and find something for you if you can wait about 3 weeks...got a move and a trial coming up... I def. will go back to Louisbourg next time on my own.

thanks again caroline for the help. i didnt want to do this through the ship for sure. i will be there on the 13th of sept. cant wait to get there. it is good to know i can find someone at the pier if i have to get me there. but i will wait to hear from you again before i make a committed tour on line. i hope your move and trial go well and i will be anxious to hear from you when you have the time. thanks alot.

Hey post a reminder in a couple of weeks if I forget okay? AND I can tell you that we were there same week you will be and it was in the 80s (warm for that time of year)!.... not that it will be when you go but lots of locals wanting some cooler weather so the foliage would change.

If you are entertaining any thoughts re changing to go on Cabot Trail, shelve those BTW.. You can't do it justice in one day and it's very foggy up that way anyhow.. it was at Louisbourg early but lifted.. folks that did the Cabot tour saw nothing bec. it was so foggy the entire time...

PS ... got one of the best haircuts I ever had at a little day spa right up the hill from the ship for $20! Small church nearby has tea and the local, truly local crafters who set up shop at the dock have some neat stuff.. Got Christmas present books by a Cape Breton author that my nieces loved!! esp. the autographed copies

On sept 13 you will be very limited to what transportation that will be ava. due to the cruise ships in port that day. You best bet if you want a good amout of time in Louisbourg will to hire a local tour company to take you. I can suggest Tartan Tours out of Sydney you can contact them at www.tartantours.ca I hope this helps if not drop me line back here and I can make other suggestions to you.:) :)

On sept 13 you will be very limited to what transportation that will be ava. due to the cruise ships in port that day. You best bet if you want a good amout of time in Louisbourg will to hire a local tour company to take you. I can suggest Tartan Tours out of Sydney you can contact them at www.tartantours.ca I hope this helps if not drop me line back here and I can make other suggestions to you.:) :)

thanks capebreton, i just received a very nice email from diane at tartan tours and she said since i will be solo she might be able to hook me up with a small group that also wants to go there that same day. but there are no gurantees at this time. can you give me the names of other tour groups that could help me. i have found it is difficult to book tours if you are on your own and not with a group. and i dont want to go with ship tour, i dont think i would get enough time out of it and i would be rushed. thanks for any tips on other tour co's. smoore3@frontiernet.net. just address as sydney tours so i wont delete it :)

Archived