LONDON - Rubens at the Palace - have you stayed at this hotel?

We're trying to narrow down our pre-cruise hotel choice in London. This will be our first trip abroad.

I've checked out Londontown.com and tripadvisor.com and it appears that this hotel is 4*, but I want to be sure it's in a good location to travel about town as well.

If you've stayed at Rubens at the Palace, please let me know about your experience.

If you have other suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks so much!

Hi Diane, We stayed at the Rubens about 5 years ago. It is very close to Buckingham palace and close to subway stops. We were able to get around well from there. It seemed to be an older, elagant hotel. Wonderful doorman at the front, our room was on the small side but very nice. We did enjoy it. Hope this helps

We stayed there in early 90's when DH was traveling on business. One of his suppliers put us up there the first time we were in London (second time we stayed in a property in Ascot once owned by Churchill's family)....

The Rubens was located across from what I believe they called Buckingham Palace Mews. Very nice small hotel - we thought it was nicely located for walking and seeing the sights.

It was a lovely, small hotel back in the early 90s. Have you checked what's being said about it today on "Tripadvisor"?

I'll always remember our stay there as being the first time I actually found out what happens when you try to plug a 110 volt iron into a 220 volt outlet!

Archived