Costa Magica New Years

source

:) Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

We had the pleasure of sailing on the Magica over New Years 2005. Yes I said pleasure. After reading all the negative comments about the Magica we also questioned our decision to book it.

First of all, this was our 50th cruise and we are in our mid 50's. We have traveled abroad and spent a considerable amount of time in Italy. We are NOT travel agents.

The ship is beautiful and immaculate. The service was excellent. The food was ITALIAN and was great! The little Italian we speak came in handy. It gave cruising a european flavor which was nice for a change. Our waiter was Randy Durias with his assistant Marlon. Exceptional! We asked for several things NOT on the menu including Shrimp Cocktail every evening without a problem. They truly went out of their way to please.

When you meet the Director of Service Oscar Salvi in the buffet clearing tables and assisting guests instead of standing back and ordering personnel around, that says something about commitment and setting an example for his staff. Everyone greets you with a smile even after working 12 hour shifts.

We found the entertainment to be very good. The pianist Vincenzo was amazing. The best night was the Toga Night, which many of the guests wore togas (the ship supplied sheets and instructions). We had a blast.

Our only complaint was the unruly children on board. The parents seemed to ignore the behavior. The ship's personnel and security did speak with the parents to no avail. You can pick the ship but you can't pick your fellow cruisers!

Would we cruise on the Magica again? *Absolutely

*Not during school breaks

You'll enjoy the Magica if you give her a chance.....It's not your typical cruise experience which makes it even better....

quote.gif

Thank you so much for the great review. We're really looking forward to our 4/2 sailing. I'll bet it will be loaded with kids as it is Spring break, but we'll have our own two with us as well, so they'll probably think that's great. Me, on the other hand . . .:eek:

Also came back from Magica News Years cruise...

I Cruise 5-6 times a year and Yes I found a few things that could be better..

But overall had a GREAT TIME...I describe it as an European Carnival ship..

I never saw so many people having so much fun ALL the time, and late as well..

usually I walk the ship at 1100 1130 t nite and its quiet..this ship was hopping..

Glad you liked it also

Chief

Archived