Help! Frankfurt to Frankfurt--bargain, but...?

MarinaMama

Has anyone on the April 16 River Ambassador sailing talked to their travel agent about how the cruise this week is going? Did they get through the whole itinerary? Is everything fixed and on schedule for our April 16th sailing? If anyone has a good relationship with their TA, or has any info, posting it here would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody on the cruise for either April 9th or the 16th have any informationon the cruise? Was the River Ambassador repaired. I was told by an Uniworld agent that the River Baroness replaced the River Ambassador for the April 9th.

:D Just returned from the 4/16 cruise. All I can say is WOW, what a great vacation. Those of you who are scheduled are in for a treat. The River Ambassador was in great shape, she is beautiful and the crew is friendly and extremely helpful. We started out with rain but then it turned into a postcard perfect trip. This was one of my most relaxing vacations ever.

Plan on doing a lot of walking in the ports and take EXTRA film or extra memeory cards for your camera. I heard several people comment on the last day that they were out of space on the memory cards. DH and I took over 200 pictures.

To all of my new friends, thanks for makiing this a wonderful vacation!

Cheryl

Thanks for the information, was getting concerned if the River Ambassodor was running. We are booked for the May 27th sailing, hopefully it will not rain. Did you do the Heidleberg tour, any information you can give us would be very appreciated. What part of Florida are you from? We have friends that we have cruised with that live in Boyton Beach.

Yes, we did the Heidelburg trip and in my opinion was worth the extra money. Our guide was excellent and the castle was the highlight. We also enjoyed a great lunch at the Ritter Hotel in the old town of Heidelburg. The other "extra" excursion we took was the evening canal tour in Strasburg. I would recommend that you take the canel tour on your own during the day. The tour guide was good and we saw interesting sites, but would have been able to see them even better during the day. The city is not lit as much as I would have hoped for. We were unable to take the hot air balloon ride because DH and I were the only ones who signed up and they need a minimum of 4 people.

We did not participate is Rudesheim Nights, I heard from others that did that the entertainment was great but the food was not very good. We asked the Cruise Manage to make a recommendation for a place for dinner and we ate on our own and had a very romantic dinner for the two of us. Of course we could have had dinner on the boat but decided to venture out and try a German restaurant and are very happy we did.

We currently live in Orlando.

My number one word of advice is: Relax and enjoy! This is a much slower paced vacation than ocean cruises and if you are the type of person that enjoys a slower paced vaction you will love it.

Hi FL Folk,

Thanks for the information about excursions, it was very helpful. We arrive 3 days before cruise starts so will go to Heidelberg on our own.

The ship sounds nice, were the cabins as small as we have heard? Of course, we spend very little time in our cabin so the size really doesn't matter. We enjoy smaller ships, no mega ships for us, so this cruise sounds wonderful.

• 3 months later...

For all of you that were on the Cruise last April that didn't go any where,(Frankfurt to Frankfurt) the 2007 Uniworld cruises are now on the web. We are booking the Amsterdam to the Black Sea, 28 days, starting June 8th. As our last trip was cancled due to the boat beinging broken we were given 1/2 off on a future cruise. This will be a great trip. PH

Archived