Ping Pong and Promenade Deck on QM2?

sfvoyager

Just a quick note re Ping Pong- the two tables are located very close together and actually it is hard to play when both tables are occupied as there isnt much space! Seemed a bit of an afterthought really which is a shame!

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, I am one of those ping pong nerds that loves this as part of a cruise experience. I agree about it being a shame as an afterthought, but I guess the rest of the ship makes up for this. :)

As for the wrap around deck, I am delighted. This is a very important feature to me, and no one seems to discuss this element of the ship. As a matter of fact, I have not seen any photos of this deck online.

Thanks again!

As for the wrap around deck, I am delighted. This is a very important feature to me, and no one seems to discuss this element of the ship. As a matter of fact, I have not seen any photos of this deck online.

Hello SFVoyager,

Have a look at my review of the June 9 crossing last year. There are two images of the deck included in the review as well as a discussion of Deck 7. It is a great deck and I spent a lot of time out on it getting exercise. You cannot beat the experience.

Best regards,

Paul

Attached is an image of Deck 7 on the June 9 transatlantic. I do not know the people in the picture, but they seemed to be having a good time. Unfortunately the space restrictions of posting here reduced the image quite a bit, but you can still get a sense of it.

Paul

275538956_Deck7a.jpg.2905092162bf65ee844dad442a5c1667.jpg

This image is of Deck 7, about midship, on the June 9 crossing. There were strong winds for about a day and a half so they tied the deck chairs to the railing to keep them in place. This cleared a huge swath of deck and made it great for walking. The time in the image is early evening, during first seating, which is why the deck is almost deserted. If passengers were not already seated for dinner, most of them were getting dressed for second seating, or in the lounges for a pre-dinner cocktail. I cannot remember why the deck was wet in this scene. Sometimes it was because they had just hosed them down as daily maintenance, and sometimes the spray coming off the bow would make its way all the way up to the Boat Deck (Deck 7).

Paul

371824543_Deck7b.jpg.76893d2368acf42ef0d6e7d4d15206de.jpg

Three laps on Deck 7 equals 1.1 mile. If you are a walker enthusiast, you will barely notice just how easy it is to rack up the distance. They have a sheet where you can keep a log, hanging in the sheltered area forward. At the end of the crossing, they say you will get a certificate, but I forgot to hunt it down.

Happy walking!

Paul

This is fairly aft on Deck 7, looking forward. It is mid-voyage and as you can see from the white caps, we were not sailing on a "mill pond." But the ship was pretty stable at this part of the trip. It never rained on our crossing, although the deck was often wet from either daily cleaning or spray coming up off the bow.

Paul

2063306235_Deck7c.jpg.4359ca1f44abfb4acd756591ba76b1da.jpg

Enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the Britannia with random tablemates and interesting conversations. Afternoon tea was entertaining. Dinner in Britannia was always great. Evenings were spent usually in the Queens Room, but we would get there pretty late since we were in second seating for dinner and would only stay for an hour or two. It is amazing to think how much of the time went by just eating and wandering around the ship.

Paul

Deck2.jpg.ba8eb8ebb132d23b249bb6170a3e95f1.jpg

Archived