Air/Sea Travel

tet1968

I will be on the April 30th voyage of the Destiny. I'm a bit unsettled by my travel arrangements as told to me by Carnival. I live in Alabama and wanted to fly out of Birmingham, but they said my schedule was from B'ham to Dallas to San Juan. Work requirements will not allow me to travel a day early. Will I make the ship? I usually make my own flight reservations but decided to go with Carnival this trip. Seems I'm going left to go right !!!

If Carnival made the arrangements, they will get you to the ship on time.

If I have the flexibility to fly the day before, I make my own arrangements so I can travel when I want to (and most times considerably cheaper). If I don't have that flexibility, Carnival booking it is the way to go. I NEVER fly the same day as I sail if I book it.

I will be on the April 30th voyage of the Destiny. I'm a bit unsettled by my travel arrangements as told to me by Carnival. I live in Alabama and wanted to fly out of Birmingham, but they said my schedule was from B'ham to Dallas to San Juan. Work requirements will not allow me to travel a day early. Will I make the ship? I usually make my own flight reservations but decided to go with Carnival this trip. Seems I'm going left to go right !!!

Unless you are flying from a major airport, you have travel to somewhere else to start. It sounds like they will have you flying AA through DFW. AA has multiple flights to San Juan daily, so don't worry.

When you make your air arrangements through Carnival, they do not guarantee you will get to the ship on time. It doesn't mean they will wait for you. (In some cases, they may delay sailing a while, but it is their choice.) If you miss the ship, they will fly you to the first port. Since the first full day is usually a sea day, you could easily miss two nights of your cruise.

I always book my own flights and fly in at least 1-2 days early.

We booked air through Carnival once. They flew us in a night early and the "Fly Aweigh" included the hotel for the night.

The Destiny leaves late in the evening, though. You should be fine. They may fly you in early. They can do that!

We booked air through Carnival once. They flew us in a night early and the "Fly Aweigh" included the hotel for the night.

The Destiny leaves late in the evening, though. You should be fine. They may fly you in early. They can do that!

Right. Destiny does not sail until 10:00PM. The airport in San Juan is very close to the pier.

Archived