Dry dock info on RCI ships??

Is there a website, or a place on the RCI site, where they give specific ship by ship dry dock info?? I am on the Monarch in March, and have heard she will be in dry dock before that time, and wanted to get info and find out what they are doing, and when they are doing it. She could use a good face lift, new carpet, beds and so forth, so I would love to know exactly what they are up to.

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but it seems to me that it was less than 2 years since they did the major renovation on Monarch (could be wrong, time flys). RCI ships seem to be on a 3 year drydock cycle, so I think it will be a while until drydock. They don't need to drydock in order to do carpet replacement or other cosmetic changes.

RCCL doesn't want people booking based on how long it's been since I dry dock, so they don't announce them unless they are a major upgrade like enchantments stretching.

I personally wish they were more open about it, but it is thier choice.

If you're on a ship and they are planning on doing the ship in the next few months you might hear about one, but the accuracy of those reports is spotty.

RCCL doesn't want people booking based on how long it's been since I dry dock, so they don't announce them unless they are a major upgrade like enchantments stretching.

I personally wish they were more open about it, but it is thier choice.

If you're on a ship and they are planning on doing the ship in the next few months you might hear about one, but the accuracy of those reports is spotty.

Got it, thanks Dave. I have heard on these boards that the Monarch is dry docking soon, like this month?? I hope so, as she would be fresh and clean for my March sailing. I think someone was saying Jan 16-31, but who knows. Guess I'll find out when I board her and look for improvements. Thanks.

I've heard on the boards also that they will get refurbed on the west coast after Vision. (which gets out tomorrow)

Looking at the cruise booking schedule I see they have no cruises for sale from Jan 16th until the 27th. Thats a good indication that they are going to drydock in that time. (as nobody is likely to book a private cruise for 11 days)

I believe that Monarch goes into drydock when Vision comes out, and will be back in service Jan. 27 with a Johnny Rockets replacing Jade Sushi. We'll soon see as we are sailing her on Feb. 27!!!

There is a gap in the Monarch's schedule from 1/16/06 (where she is listed in LA) and 1/27/06 (LA again).

If she is in San Francisco for drydock during this time, we're definitely going to try and get some pictures.

We have taken some pictures of the Vision while she was here and will post once we return from the 3-day on her this weekend.

Yes it's about to go into dry dock :D Can't wait to see it in all her glory. I must be one of those cruise nuts because I printed the dry dock schedule out when it was posted on this board somewhere. Now to find it...

BonVoyage

Dawna

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you find it, can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese post it, I would love to see the complete schedule-seems pretty hard to come by, I have been trying!! Thanks.:D

Here is one that was posted back in Sept on this board.

Vision- 1/2/06 - 1/12/06

Monarch- 1/16/06 - 1/27/06

Majesty- 1/27/06 - 1/30/06

Serenade- 4/29/06 - 5/9/06

Splendour- 5/6/06 - 5/15/06

Grandeur- 10/13/06 - 12/6/06 ***SHIP WILL BE STRETCHED

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived