Best place to stay overnight in Galveston

katb85

The Holiday inn beach frount was where we stayed on our last cruise. It is some what close to te terminal. If you go to the 6th floor you can see the Terminal and the ships when they dock! It was a very nice hotel. It cost 89.00 a night (balcony rooms) and they have a very nice parking spot that you can park at for no cost (It was good for us because we where gone for 12 days)!

Many places in the summer require a 2 night stay, including the Holiday Inn and the Harbor House. I have stayed at LaQuinta Inn and Best Western and neither require a 2 night stay. You can park your car there during the cruise. Neither of these two are 5*, but for a night, they are ok.

We stayed at the Hilton on the water. We got a really good deal for $90 per night and It was a extremely nice and on a boardwalk type of thing, and a free shuttle to the port. Little shops and sort. We walked down to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and the ocean/beach was right across the street. I highly recommend it.

Have fun :)

Hilton is a nice hotel. I recently stayed there & the Saints & Sinners group will be staying there precruise in Oct.

Tremont & Harbor house are closest to the pier.

Lots more hotel info located on the board at Hotels Pre & Post Cruise. I would add the link for you if the board was moving a little faster.

Good bar with live music on weekends is B Jiggers, located at Holiday Inn on the Beach.

Same company owns Hilton, San Luis & Holiday Inn. All located close to each other & all offer free parking & shuttle to & from the ship. Landry's Seafood, Rain Forest Cafe & IHOP are very close.

Holliday Inn on the Beach DOES NOT require a 2 night stay for the whole summer. We are booked for the 1st week of May for 1 night, w/ parking and transportation, for $129 (non ocean view) plus tax. Ocean view was $149. Booked through Galveston.com.

I believe this is one of the few hotels that offer 1 night and cruise parking. The other ones that do are the other chains located away from the beach and just don't seem as nice to me. Moody Gardens also will book a 1 night if you are willing to pay for it.

Good Luck...

IMHO, the search begins and ends with Tremont House. A quick check will determine whether it is within your budget, or not. It is a grand old hotel which has been meticulously restored and is kept up extremely well. The rooms have high ceilings tall windows, and hardwood floors reminding one of another era. Super comfortable beds, great furnishings, fine window treatments, and lots of little extras in the bathroom including soaps and a hot water-driven towel warming rack. If you stay go to the rooftop observation deck and check out the view of your ship in dock before enjoying room service and a trip to the pier (only 2 1/2 blocks away)

One COULD walk to the pier with light luggage, by why do so when a shuttle is available at the asking? Put your name in the night before. The one drawback is that the first shuttle leaves at noon and some may want to leave sooner. We did and four of us and NINE bags took a cab for $8.

If you have a car, they also have a deal where they park your car for FREE at the Hotel Galvez while you cruise and provide a shuttle to and from your car.

Whether I was taking a cruise, or not, I'd stay no where but the Tremont if ever in Galveston.

We stayed at the Best Western Beachfront on the Seawall side of Galveston. Not the greatest but certainly passable for one night. There was a modest continental breakfast included. It cost about $65 per night with free parking for the duration of the cruise. We took a taxi to the cruise terminal (about 3 to 4 miles away) which cost $10-$15 total.

Archived