Midnight Gala Buffet

starbug

Hi,

Does anyone know if they hold Midnight Gala Buffet's in the Kings Court of the QM2, like they hold in the Lido of the QE2?

If so, would they hold one for a 4 night cruise?

The one on the QE2 was amazing and not to be missed!

Thanks in advance.

When were you last on the QE2? We just came back from a transatlantic and the midnight buffet was a diappointment compared to when we crossed in 2003. Can't serve yourself and not much of a selection, but you can get a hot meal. On the QM2 all they had was hotdogs and salads, as of last year on a crossing. Things may have changed on the QM2 since, but neither ship offered a buffet like in 2003.

Starbug,

Were you on the 16-day Sunshine Holiday cruise, too? The midnight gala buffets in the Lido on the eveing of December 25th and on New Year's Eve were amazing. The ice sculptures and the way in which all the food was turned into artwork were out of sight. My parents had never seen anything like it before. Everyone was taking pictures. That being said, the food seemed more limited to finger foods like seafood, cold cuts, bread, fruit, and desserts. You couldn't really get a meal or anything and I disliked the fact that there was no order to the service. It was more chaotic. We basically just took our pictures, nibbled on some food and called it a night. The Christmas Gala was much more well-attended than the New Year's Gala, probably because most people were out on deck waiting for the spectacular Funchal fireworks display. Since this was my first ever cruise, I can't make any comparisons, but my mother said the RCL had something similar, but nothing along the lines of this extravaganza. The way in which they turned food, particularly vegetables and fuit into artwork was unforgetable.

Hi CruiserBruiser,

No, we were on the October 27th Mediterranean cruise on the QE2.

Even though the Midnight Gala Buffet night was not festive or celebratory, the effort that the Lido staff put in to make a fantastic display made of ice carvings, fruit and bread was absolutely fantastic.

Archived