How do pre-paid shore excursions work?

Lakookoo

Hi all. I must say that you are very informative and I have greatly enjoyed reading the postings.

My last cruise was 23 years ago (small children and self-employment have intervened until now) and we are now booked on the Legend for 1/28/06.

I have purchased a shore excursion (Carlisle Bay snorkeling) and just wonder how I go about actually doing the thing. Do you go to the shore excursion desk after boarding and get some sort of official pass?

Thanks again for all your information. Reading all your comments makes the days go by faster!

Lakookoo

The tickets for your excursion will be delivered to your cabin either the first night or the next morning (if a sea day) also don't get fussed but the system needs to bill your S&S card for the excursions you pre-paid for but then it does credit it back.......................seems that's the only way to get them to print out the tickets in the system. When this happened the first time to me, I went stomping off to the tour desk wanting to know why I was being charged for a tour I had pre-paid, they explained it to me and sure-enough about a half-hour later the credit popped up on the account.

Make sure that the info on the tickets is correct(tour, time, etc.) and don't freak if all the tickets you bought have your name on them (or the card holder on the S&S Accounts name) for some reason the ticket program prints them all out with the one name (last time it had mine on all of them) the tour operators don't care as long as for say 3 people they get 3 tickets.

Archived