Stingray tour on Sailboat/Catamaran?

thunder_lin

Seems there are two companies that offer this type of tour, Buccanner which departs at 10:30 a.m. and Captain Bryan's which departs at 9:30 a.m.

We arrive on the Liberty into Cayman at 8:00 a.m. untill 5:00 p.m.

Reading the reviews, it's sometimes hard to distinguish between these two companies.

If you've been on any one of these tours, could you comment please and be specific as to which one you are referring to.

I'm leaning towards the Buccanner so we don't have to rush off the ship (with the whole tender process thing) and then would like to park my butt on 7-mile beach for a bit after the tour. If we get off the ship/tenders early enough we should have time to hit some of the stores before 10:30.

Would all this work or do you have better recommendations?

I went with Buccaner and really enjoyed it. It was afew years ago so I don't remember too many specifics but I will answer what I can. The office is a couple of blocks from the tender drop off point. Definately within walking distance but make sure to give yourself a few extra minutes to do that. I liked the fact that when we were on our way to stingray city they said that it was really crowded there and so they stopped a little way out and let us snorkle until it was a little less crowded at the city. Once at the city the crew on the ship got out and encouraged everyone to feed and hold the stingrays but weren't pushy. They did give instructions on how to handle being around the sting rays, what to do and what not to do. They did love taking pictures of you with the stingrays. I'm going to book with them when I go back next month.

Archived